InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Tom Arnfeld

Battery?

Hi forumers :)

I am living happily with 10.5.8 Leopard OSX86 on a HP Compaq Presario C700 Series (C701EA) laptop series, using the iAtkos patch disk.

Everything works, except one major thing (and headphones and mic) is the battery, i think i know why... for some reason OS X sees this machine as a 'Mac Pro' and therefore doesn't show battery info. Is there any way to change the type of mac OS X sees the machine as, or is there an actual answer for this?

Thanks so much in advanced! :D

Advertisement
Hi forumers :D

I am living happily with 10.5.8 Leopard OSX86 on a HP Compaq Presario C700 Series (C701EA) laptop series, using the iAtkos patch disk.

Everything works, except one major thing (and headphones and mic) is the battery, i think i know why... for some reason OS X sees this machine as a 'Mac Pro' and therefore doesn't show battery info. Is there any way to change the type of mac OS X sees the machine as, or is there an actual answer for this?

Thanks so much in advanced! :(

VoodooBattery.kext

I downloaded this, and put it in my /System/Library/Extensions folder and rebooted, it said it could not be used? My battery worked in iAtkos 2i but not in 5i?

Oh!

Im so so so so sorry, i dont know much about hackintosh that i should of put it in the right forum, how dare i make a mistake!! :0

Yes, i did fail at googling.

Oh!

Im so so so so sorry, i dont know much about hackintosh that i should of put it in the right forum, how dare i make a mistake!! :0

Yes, i did fail at googling.

try chun nans battery manager i think thats what its called. worked for me when i had 5i, now i have snow leo