Booting SL Retail Problem. any help!

10 posts in this topic

Neg 10,

Is that message coming from your bootloader or your install disk? How about a little more info.

well i boot up with the boot132 disk when it gets to the prompt i remove the disk and replace it with the SL retail cd when it says hit F8 to boot with options i do and i type in -V then i get whats on the image and it just hangs there.

well i boot up with the boot132 disk when it gets to the prompt i remove the disk and replace it with the SL retail cd when it says hit F8 to boot with options i do and i type in -V then i get whats on the image and it just hangs there.

What are your system details and what kexts have you put on the Boot132CD to load into the kernel?

What are your system details and what kexts have you put on the Boot132CD to load into the kernel?

Intel Pentium SU2700 1.3 GHz Processor

2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz Bus speed

3072 MB DDR3 (PC3-8500) RAM Max: 4GB

320 GB SATA Hard Drive

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD.

i havent added any kext to the cd its unmodify.

Intel Pentium SU2700 1.3 GHz Processor

2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz Bus speed

3072 MB DDR3 (PC3-8500) RAM Max: 4GB

320 GB SATA Hard Drive

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD.

i havent added any kext to the cd its unmodify.

For installing Snow Leopard onto most MOBO systems you need at least the following kexts in /Extra

OpenHaltRestart.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

fakesmc.kext

well i added the kexts files to the cd but still no luck. by the way i am using this boot132 disk: http://www.hackint0sh.org/f179/56516.htm. the EXTRA folder isn't really in the root of the disk b/c it didn't have one so i added them to the initrd.img file with transmac, does this have anything to do with?

Have you tried the USB flash drive installer method......?