NVidia drivers won't load

hiqu

7 posts in this topic

I've T61p and running 10.6.1 (vanilla retail) on it. The graphics card is Quadro FX570m and there

is no QE/CI solution for it for any version of Leopard. However, all drivers except NVDAResman.kext

load fine on 10.5.x.

On Snow Leopard, none of them are loading even if I use any of NVInject/Natit/EFI method.

Normally, I dont care since I can't get QE anyway. The problem is Preview app doesn't display

images if I open it.

Any ideas?

I've T61p and running 10.6.1 (vanilla retail) on it. The graphics card is Quadro FX570m and there

is no QE/CI solution for it for any version of Leopard. However, all drivers except NVDAResman.kext

load fine on 10.5.x.

On Snow Leopard, none of them are loading even if I use any of NVInject/Natit/EFI method.

Normally, I dont care since I can't get QE anyway. The problem is Preview app doesn't display

images if I open it.

Any ideas?

i guess you should remove all the nv kexts you installed and try nvenabler.kext(google it)

i guess you should remove all the nv kexts you installed and try nvenabler.kext(google it)

isn't it same as nvinject or natit ? I'll try it anyway. I've all the methods including DSDT

method. None of them, for some reason, triggering the NV* drivers load...

kextstat shows no drivers except Natit/NVinkect are loaded...

No luck with NVEnabler either. None of the NVidia drivers (NVDANV50hal, NVDAResman etc) not even attempting

to load.

Same problem with me... i think it's about vga driver..

Use MILKYWAY to preview your images

load fine on 10.5.x.

images if I open it.

Any ideas?

hi, Quadro FX570m has to work on 10.6.1 because a friend of mine has it in his ... i think Dell XPS Hackbook.

you have to edit your info.plist. add your hex 0xXXXX10de&0xffe0ffff. only problem is, i can't remeber

if it's the NVDANV40Hal.kext or the NVDANV50Hal.kext, just try it. don't use ANY kind of injector kext, otherwise it won't work.

AND NVDANV40Hal or NVDANV50Hal is the only file which needs edit. leave all the other files as they are.

you have to use chameleon rc3 with graphicsenabler turned on in your com.apple.Boot.plist.

QE/CI will work then.

when you edit the NVDANV40Hal first and you get a black screen, just boot into single user mode, remove your hex from NVDANV40Hal and add it into NVDANV50Hal, anyway you should always make a backup of your kexts AND repair kext permissions and restore Extensions.mkext :(

• 2 years later...