ALL WORKING FINE

4GIGS

500 BARACUDA

UNIVERSAL INSTALL 3.5

9400 GT 512

EITHERNET

SOUND

PLUS FIREWIRE

STILL HAVE TO WORKOUT SOME KINKS MY HD2600XT DIDNT WERK ON MANY ATTEMPTS.

TRIED MANY DIFF CONFIGS WILL KEEP WERKING ON IT

THNKS TO DAN1234556789

PEACE

JUSTGEEKING

Been trying to get it running on my UD3P rig for a couple of days (iATKOS v7 works perfectly), I did have it booted once following one guide but I (Foolishly?) upgraded to 10.6.1 and couldn't get it to reboot.

I am a bit of a Mac n00b to be honest so have printed off a couple of guides to get my head round...

Been trying to get it running on my UD3P rig for a couple of days (iATKOS v7 works perfectly), I did have it booted once following one guide but I (Foolishly?) upgraded to 10.6.1 and couldn't get it to reboot.

I am a bit of a Mac n00b to be honest so have printed off a couple of guides to get my head round...

I got mine retail snow working as well on a EP45T-DS3R, and upgraded to 10.6.1 from a 10.6 retail disk bought at Best buy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ALL WORKING FINE

4GIGS

500 BARACUDA

UNIVERSAL INSTALL 3.5

9400 GT 512

EITHERNET

SOUND

PLUS FIREWIRE

STILL HAVE TO WORKOUT SOME KINKS MY HD2600XT DIDNT WERK ON MANY ATTEMPTS.

TRIED MANY DIFF CONFIGS WILL KEEP WERKING ON IT

THNKS TO DAN1234556789

PEACE

JUSTGEEKING

justgeeking,

I have the same board I've been having problems installing 10.6. How did you go about installing 10.6? Please share the steps/guides you followed.

Thanks

WELL I DID THE UNIVERSAL SNOW DISTRO FIRST.

THEN I WANTED TO USE MY RETAIL INSTALL SO I HEADED OFF TO THIS SITE LINKED RIGHT BELOW

http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/

THIS will get you a van install but you will def need to tweak it a bit...

switched out the hd2600xt from Ati.

now using 9400gt vid card

Q6600 is the chip im using.

I didnt flash the bios at all.

Also with the MyHack Booter u can def get your rig started man i tried on alot diff booters and alot of KPs this one hasnt done it yet.

If you enable Cpuid 3 in the bios you will get a panic....

For the person who asked for the steps these are what i followed from the link above

Last Updated: 2009/10/29

Preface:

The myHack installation package aids in the installation of a retail OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard” operating system on PC’s. It is designed to save time by simplifying much of the installation process. However, It is NOT a replacement for the human brain and is not intended as a 1-click solution to install OS X 10.6 on PC.

This is guide is not intended as an all-inclusive how-to for running snow leopard on your PC. It is intended as a simplified method which focuses on how to get up and running with snow leopard quickly and easily utilizing the myHack Installer and will cover basic hackint0sh concepts including but not limited to kexts, permissions, efi, gfx strings, dsdt, etc in simplest terms.

This guide is by no means even close to being finished, consider this an active work in progress.

Basic Requirements:

OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard” Retail DVD

myHack Installer 1.0 RC4.1

Any system capable of running a “vanilla” OS X kernel… Including but not limited to the following recommended hardware:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad, Core i7

Chipset: Intel (G33, P35, X58, etc) w/ ICHx South-bridge.

At least 1GB of memory. (2GB or more recommended)

USB Keyboard and Mouse.

Nvidia 8xxx, 9xxx or 2xx series graphics card.

At least 10GB of available internal hard drive space. (20GB or more recommended).

USB External Hard Drive or Flash Drive w/ at least 8GB of space.

You will also need access to a system – either a real MAC or a hackint0sh – that is currently running OS X 10.4 or above (Tiger, Leopard or Snow Leopard) to prepare your USB installation device.

Note: As of myHack Installer 1.0 RC4 there is now a “chocolate” kernel option which is capable of running OS X 10.6 (with some limitations) on legacy Intel, AMD & Intel i5 processors. I have added this feature to extend limited support to these non-vanilla installs but I do not suggest or support these kinds of systems. In other words it is there if you need it but please don’t ask me for help with any system other than the recommended “vanilla” hardware I have listed above because I do not have the experience necessary to adequately assist people with legacy Intel, AMD or i5 processors, ATI graphics, non-intel chipsets, etc. I have a core2 system myself and have not personally tested a non-vanilla install, that said there are many other individuals in the community that are willing and capable of assisting you with any questions you may have.

Section 1 : Basic Installation Instructions

Step 1 – Prepare USB Drive

Partition and format USB device using either MBR or GUID partition scheme in disk utility. (I personally prefer MBR for legacy OS compatibility on dual/tri/quad boots & because I am more familiar with the functionality of MBR partition schemes and how to work with them).

Restore DVD/DMG of Retail OS X Install DVD to USB using disk utility.

Run myHack installer and install it to the USB drive you just prepared.

At this point you should make any additional alterations that you may require to the USB drive (add additional kexts, gfx strings, injectors, dsdt, etc). Note: Ensure that you have repaired permissions and generated a fresh Extensinons.mkext if you have modified any kexts manually.

Thats about it, you should now be ready to test your installer on your target system.

Important Information:

1) EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE: I can not possibly stress how important it is that you ensure you are installing to the USB drive and NOT the root partition of the computer you have run the installer on. The root partition is selected by default. If you install the Chameleon Bootloader (one of the core components of the myHack Installer) to the root partition of a REAL Apple Computer you will BREAK the system.

2) Some graphics hardware fails to function in VESA mode. However, instead of a kernel panic you will simply see a blank screen. If this happens to you – you will have to use a valid gfx string in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist or a graphics enabler/injector that works for your system. As of myHack Installer 1.0 RC3 a GraphicsEnabler option has been added to the customize options. It will overwrite the default com.apple.Boot.plist option with the GraphicsEnabler = Y string. This will enable graphics acceleration on most Nvidia Graphics Cards & a few ATI Graphics Cards. NOTE: If the graphics enabler option does not work at first try entering -pci1 in the chameleon boot prompt.

3) If you have no gfx strings in your com.apple.Boot.plist and there is no working graphics enabler/injector for your system – you must use VESA mode. However, there is a kernel panic when the framebuffer loads on most systems. I created the FramebufferDisabler.kext to prevent this problem – it is selected by default in the myHack installer. IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are using a graphics enabler/injector or gfx strings do not install or use the FramebufferDisabler.kext!

Step 2 – BIOS Setup

Some information will be posted here soon…

Step 3 – Installation

Assuming everything is configured properly for your system you should be able to boot to your USB device and be greeted by the OS X installer.

Go ahead and run a normal install however you like. NOTE: If you can not select your drives or you see nothing but the USB drive, go into your bios and ensure that your SATA device is running in AHCI mode. Alternatively you can try to install the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext & IOATAFamily.kext as these will allow many systems with ICHx chipsets to access SATA (and even some PATA) devices without the need for AHCI.

After installation completes go ahead and reboot the system. Note: If you get an installation failed message after install (will post a screenshot later) it is safe to ignore it, this is a particularly common but inconsistent error. It happens when the installer can not “bless” the targeted partition and it believes your system will not be bootable.

Step 4 – First Boot

When you reboot again boot to the USB (you are going to use the chameleon bootloader and kexts on your USB device that worked to load the installer, to load your freshly installed Snow Leopard system). At the boot prompt select the internal hard drive partition that you installed Snow Leopard on and boot it.

Go ahead and go through the initial configuration, I tend to advise against using migration assistant – especially if you are migrating from a hacked leopard installation, unless you are absolutely certain it was a clean retail install. There are a number of reasons for this that I may write about later.

Step 5 – Post Install

After you make it to your desktop open up finder, browse to the USB device and locate the myHack installer (as of v1.0 RC4 it will be copied automatically to the root of the usb device during the initial preparation described in “Step 1″). Run the myHack installer, this time installing to the snow leopard partition on your internal hard drive instead of the USB device. Generally speaking you should use select the same options as you did before when you prepared your USB installer since you know that it boots correctly. Make sure you copy over any additional changes you made to the USB installer (additional kexts, gfx strings, injectors, dsdt, etc) to your internal hard drive’s snow leopard partition. Note: Ensure that you have repaired permissions and generated a fresh Extensinons.mkext if you have modified any kexts manually.

You should now be ready to reboot your system without the USB installer attached.

Unmount the USB drive and reboot the system with the internal drive.

Congratulations! If all went well you now have a functional Snow Leopard installation running on your system.

justgeeking,

Thanks for sharing the details of your install. Few more questions for you:

1. How did you get your audio to work?

2. Which kext are you using for audio?

3. Are you running 32bit kernel or 64bit kernel?

Could you PLEASE post the Kexts you are using in Extra/Extensions?

I got mine retail snow working as well on a EP45T-DS3R, and upgraded to 10.6.1 from a 10.6 retail disk bought at Best buy.

How did you get your audio to work? Could you please upload the Kexts you are using? Thanks

Used the The universall installer cd packages..

i used to the taruga 889a

and installed the voodooHDA also.

Its the MyHack bootloader http://osx86.sojugarden.com/installer/ now i got the HD2600XT card working somewhat....

Sorry if im taking to long to respond i knockedout yesterday.

With my myhack im using also the 2 usbsticks to test everything im doing little by little.

Yes the spdif and all the motherbords audio functions are showing up now my main concern is the QE/ to get on point with the system yes the 2600 card did take a while to figure out doing the strings and im gonna get that to work.

1. Just be careful if your gonna flash your BIOS to get your rig up and running i know a little DOS from a while back \

2.install a show n hide files if you dont have a lilttle app just do a search on the site for the terminal commands for the true and false for your hidden files.

3.google seach for this little CD of DVROSX for people that are using torrents to get system stuff u can add torrents to your search.

4.At the kernal flag just take out i386 and leave blank between your pointers.

5.Have a Mac of any kind be it a real one or snanpple build i hate the word Hackintosh Snapple is my humor.

6.I used the CDBooters but the USB sticks were the ones that got me up and running

7.My response to the Logic Users try to go in the program check list see if the QE requirment can be changed didnt see if i can do that yet ... just a Added thought

8.I know a few tricks from my Apple expierence.

9.If your a GIGABYTE motherboard user of any kind i think the MyHack will help you get your system up and running

10.Do a repair permisssions if your doing changes.

11.Both Lan outs are working fine.OTB

12.Dont believe in hit n miss theory these are computer parts and they need drivers and certain BIOS adjustments Just read the forums /Infinitmac/EXOX86/x86WIKIS/Insanelymac/osx86.sojugarden and others also nektas

13.If your gonna do a OSINSTALL.MPKG install i always getinfo on the drive im doing and uncheck the ignore ownerships.

14. I disabled the EIST package and yes i turned on the 64bit/ you disable IDE if your not using it but if you are you need to install jmcronx38 sorry if i spelled that wrong im doing 3 machines at the moment.

I hope this helped out people you can send me a instant messeage at justmacs if your on AIM i will leave the accept all buddys on if u want to do a one on one chat cause checking PMs sometimes is to much of a wait for a quick respoonse if your in a middle of a build.

Can anyone using this board try out wake on LAN and share your experience?

My machine goes to a "limbo" state when it's put to sleep again after WOL (it goes on then off then on then off... every 5-10 seconds, display remains blank) I have to cut the main power stop that.

Drive me crazy.

My System:

GA-EP45-DS3R BIOS F11e

Intel Q6600 CPU

nVidia 8400GS 512MB graphics card

2 GB DDR2 RAM

• 1 month later...

I found an install package that totally did everything for me... including installing chameleon on 10.6 I used the method and files from the following article by Adam Pash:

http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow...acking-required

It only took a short time before I was up and running a perfect vanilla system.

I hope that this will help you.

oldefixuser