ATI Radeon HD 4650 - any support QE/CI?

smvalera

123 posts in this topic

QE/CI can't work with this card.

And, as I understood, we'll never see the solution? Is it absolutely impossible (to enable QE/CI) or is it temporary problem which could be solved later?

• 2 months later...

still no progress with this? ;)

• 1 month later...
i'm still waiting a solution too ! :unsure:

what's new ?

What about ATI Mobility cards?

Dell XPS 16.

HP Envy.

ASUS G73.

The sexiest laptops use ATI Mobility cards. They are the best.

Soon ATI will hit the market with Fusion, which will grab a big chunk of the market. Are Hackintoshes destined to be the fare of Wal-Mart bought laptops and netbook {censored}?

QE/CI can't work with this card.

You can force resolution higher by editing the file com.apple.boot.plist but that's all.

Specify "In Leopard"

In Snow leopard QE/CI ok with 4650 and 4670

Nothing for mobility series 46x0

Giorgio

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

i have hp pavilion dv7 2043 with the following configuration

Processor 2.0 Core 2 Duo (t6400)

4GB Ram (ddr2)

ATI 4650 Graphics Card (1 GB)

Dual Hard 500 GB WD

and and i think that is enough for the installation

now here comes the problem

i can install kalyway but with very low graphics and that sucks to work with. its native resolution is 1600x900

Is there anyway i can install all my drivers and get best out of it. also i am not having any sound, but lan is working fine. nothing else, no cam, wifi , nothing

Can Somebody Help me in this regard.

Thanks

It only works in Snow Leopard, so you have to read a guide on how to install SL.

Hi All,

i have hp pavilion dv7 2043 with the following configuration

Processor 2.0 Core 2 Duo (t6400)

4GB Ram (ddr2)

ATI 4650 Graphics Card (1 GB)

Dual Hard 500 GB WD

and and i think that is enough for the installation

now here comes the problem

i can install kalyway but with very low graphics and that sucks to work with. its native resolution is 1600x900

Is there anyway i can install all my drivers and get best out of it. also i am not having any sound, but lan is working fine. nothing else, no cam, wifi , nothing

Can Somebody Help me in this regard.

Thanks

How to make HD 4650 working good (with QE/CI) and with resolution higher than 1024x768?

i Have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.5 gradually with the help of the forum. my Graphic Card works 1600x900 resolution, but my problem is that my Graphic Card is of 1 GB but, i am getting 256 memory in system profiler :D

can somebody help me in this regard.

Does anybody have some experience with Radeon HD 4650 and 10.6.3?

I've managed to get it working with full res in safe mode but if i boot normally i get some rectangles with noise. Nevertheless the cursor works correctly in front of everything but it doesn't show any effect if i click somewhere.

Here my Specs:

ASUS P5Q SE PLUS with Intel Core2Quad

ASUS EAH4650 with 1GB

Retail SL 10.6.3

Chameleon RC4 (graphicsEnabler=y; motmot as Framebuffer)

+ 10.6.2 kexts

ATI4600Controller

ATIFramebuffer

ATIRadeonX2000

ATISupport

• 4 weeks later...

I tried using the buffer in snowosx but it dont work HD4650 1 gig only gives me one screen resolution end no QE and in system profiler gives still that 256 Vram bahhh...

I tried using the buffer ATI support ect ect in snowosx but it dont work HD4650 1 gig only gives me one screen resolution end no QE and in system profiler gives still that 256 Vram bahhh... and cant boot up I have to use cpus=1 -x to boot up in safemode

• 4 weeks later...

This is how I got my ASUS EAH4650 low profile to have all resolutions and QE/CI

I installed hazard 10.6.2 and I selected customize. I selected pcefi 10.5, evoenabler, aty_int Basically ignoring anything 4800 related.

After the installation had completed, I navigated to the "hard drive/system/library/ extensions" and made a copy of "ATIRadeonX2000.kext" and "ATI4600Controller.kext" to the desktop. I deleted the kexts for all other ati 4500 4700 4800. Just highlight a few and "right click" then "move to trash".

On the desktop I right clicked on each kext and clicked "show package contents" then I clicked on the "contents" folder and opened "info.plist" with "text editor". I then proceeded to remove all vendor IDs except mine which was 0x94981002. Then I saved the text file.

I downloaded "kext helper b7" google it.

Then I dragged and dropped the newly modified kexts to the kext helper and proceeded to install them as per the kext helpers instructions.

Then I went into the "Applications" and clicked on the "kext utility" I let it do its thing- takes about 10 minutes on my machine. You can see here if your graphicsenabler is set to "Y" . Then when prompted I rebooted. I got the usual startup stuff happen then my screen went black. I simply switched to VGA port and voila! A fully functional 4650 hardware accelerated.

My kexts are attachedArchive.zip

Well I a managed to get QE/CI working as well as resolution change, but seem to be stuck in mirror mode.

-I am running a Diamond Radeon HD 4650.

-I am using 10.6.3 with the 10.6.3 kexts.

-I have edited 4600Controller and Radeon2000 to include my device ID.

-I am using one monitor with straight VGA and the other using a DVI-VGA Converter.

-If I remove the DVI-VGA Converter and have 1 monitor connected VGA and the other DVI, then both screens go into sleep mode on boot.

-I have made sure to remove all enablers from /S/L/E as well as /E/E

This is how I got my ASUS EAH4650 low profile to have all resolutions and QE/CI

I installed hazard 10.6.2 and I selected customize. I selected pcefi 10.5, evoenabler, aty_int Basically ignoring anything 4800 related.

After the installation had completed, I navigated to the "hard drive/system/library/ extensions" and made a copy of "ATIRadeonX2000.kext" and "ATI4600Controller.kext" to the desktop. I deleted the kexts for all other ati 4500 4700 4800. Just highlight a few and "right click" then "move to trash".

On the desktop I right clicked on each kext and clicked "show package contents" then I clicked on the "contents" folder and opened "info.plist" with "text editor". I then proceeded to remove all vendor IDs except mine which was 0x94981002. Then I saved the text file.

I downloaded "kext helper b7" google it.

Then I dragged and dropped the newly modified kexts to the kext helper and proceeded to install them as per the kext helpers instructions.

Then I went into the "Applications" and clicked on the "kext utility" I let it do its thing- takes about 10 minutes on my machine. You can see here if your graphicsenabler is set to "Y" . Then when prompted I rebooted. I got the usual startup stuff happen then my screen went black. I simply switched to VGA port and voila! A fully functional 4650 hardware accelerated.

My kexts are attachedArchive.zip

My device ID is the same, but I have a xfx ati radeon HD 4650, will it work?

I Use XFX HD4650 and SL 10.6.3,the QE/CI is enabled,,,

Screenshot2010-06-02at90141PM.png

Can you describe step by step how did you get working the card?

- which ingector (DSDT, boot(netkas), strings)

- which regime 32 or 64 bit

- which framebuffer

- did you write device-ID in kests (ATI4600Controller, ATIRadeonX2000)

- give me please your ioreg

I have Radeon HD 4650 (1024Mb), outputs: DVI - VGA - HDMI, monitor is connected to VGA

Please help!

Can you describe step by step how did you get working the card?

- which ingector (DSDT, boot(netkas), strings)

- which regime 32 or 64 bit

- which framebuffer

- did you write device-ID in kests (ATI4600Controller, ATIRadeonX2000)

- give me please your ioreg

I have Radeon HD 4650 (1024Mb), outputs: DVI - VGA - HDMI, monitor is connected to VGA

Please help!

i use netkas PC EFI 10.6 bcoz if use another bootloader, DVI not work, and set "Graphics Enabler=Y" w/o quotes in com.apple.boot.plist.

i have HD4600 modified kext downloaded from insanelymac too,and it work 32 or 64 bit,i have test it...