Realtek ALC887

slerba

16 posts in this topic

So im new here and just installed iPc 10.5.6

I got my 9800gt work and my ethernet work but my sound card seems to be rare and un supported

I've hear about AzaliaAudio works but only output

I need the input work too because i need my mic.

So any advice on drivers?

And could someone also tell me how to use those drivers!

Thanks in advance! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have motherboard P5P43TD PRO.

Mac OS X 10.6.2 Build 10C540

thanx for this kexts, all works fine, but in some cases I have sound's delay. for example when I empty trash - sound plays in 1-2 seconds...

"old" version VoodooHDA.kext don't have this problem.

Is there any solution?

Wassup...the mod kext works but there's often a certain delay...moreover there's a lot of noise with the mic (if I try the same mic in another audio card works perfectly). Do you guys have the same problem? And if we try with the ALC888 Kext? Please let me know

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also am looking to use spdif output on my Asus P5G41C-M with ALC887. Tried voodooHDA kext but only analog working partially so far.

asus p5g41c-m

intel e6300 wolfdale

mushkin ddr2 800 2GB

Toshiba 160GB HDD

nVidia 8400GS DVI-HDMI

osx86 vanilla 10.6.4

-Jon

EDIT: Tried kext in post #8 and optical audio out works like a charm! THANK YOU FAW88!

• 5 months later...
Hey guys! It is modified VoodooHDA, in my case has earned a microphone!

VoodooHDA.kext.zip - VoodooHDA.kext_Snow_254.zip

VoodooHDA.kext.zip - VoodooHDA_Leo.254.zip

P.S. My Motherboard is ASUS P5P43TD Pro. Realtek ALC887 Audio.

P.S.S. Skype forever! :(

hi, i got a p5p43td pro motherboard too. i installed osx 10.6.6 with hazard 10.6.6i and i was successful with enabling the sounds with this kext. only one problem : my computer wont restart and won't sleep (most of the time). my bios version is 0706 and i tried with a custom dsdt and without dsdt. so, my question is : do you have the same problem on your computer ?

• 3 months later...

Hey, everyone!

I tried to install this kext with kextutility, but it didn't help with sound on my Asus P5P41C (ALC887).

What could be the problem? (used also with Applehdadisabler.kext).

I installed original voodoohda 2.72 afterwards, it works. Although i didn't check the mic yet.

P.s. Voodoo 2.7.2 works, but high volume gives noise and some unpleasant effects.. =(

So anyone has any ideas how to make audio sound perfect (with no noise) on Asus P5P41C??? VoodooHDA 2.7.3 still makes noise. And realtek8xxHDA.kext with apple HDA rollback doesn't work (from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 4.0.2).

What else can I do?

• 2 months later...