Help with SL Install: EP45-UD3P

fyroz85

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! If anyone could help me with installing SL on my PC, I would be eternally grateful!

Computer Components:

EP45-UD3P Gigabyte

GeForce 9800GT 512 DDR3

1TB WD partitioned

4GB RAM

So I have followed the Life Hacker Guide and it has been pretty damn easy so far! However, when I finish the last step (Bios work) and try to boot from my 8gb Corsair thumb drive, it just fails. Here is what I mean

First black screen says:

***This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives. Please Wait.

It detects Port-00: Hard Disk and Port-01: CDrom

Second black screen says:

Detecting drivers: Done; No drivers found.

Third black screen says:

Verifying DMI Pool Data....

Says this at the bottom of the screen and either just freezes here or goes on to the HD to boot windows 7.

I have also tried using the boot menu and also used an actual external HD to boot from and that did not work either. Thanks to any help you can offer! Thanks!!!!!

Alex

Hey everyone! If anyone could help me with installing SL on my PC, I would be eternally grateful!

Computer Components:

EP45-UD3P Gigabyte

GeForce 9800GT 512 DDR3

1TB WD partitioned

4GB RAM

So I have followed the Life Hacker Guide and it has been pretty damn easy so far! However, when I finish the last step (Bios work) and try to boot from my 8gb Corsair thumb drive, it just fails. Here is what I mean

First black screen says:

Third black screen says:

Says this at the bottom of the screen and either just freezes here or goes on to the HD to boot windows 7.

I have also tried using the boot menu and also used an actual external HD to boot from and that did not work either. Thanks to any help you can offer! Thanks!!!!!

Alex

Try plugging the thumb drive into another USB Port. If using the front USB ports, try the back etc. If that doesn't work, you could always start from scratch just to be sure.

1. Format the drive.

2. Repartition as found in the Lifehacker guide.

3. Restore the image to the USB drive.

4. Run the magic utility and make sure the USB drive is the destination drive.

5. Make sure all BIOS settings are correct.

6. Stick the drive in and reboot. (cross fingers) :-)

I followed the Lifehacker Guide and had no problems with the USB part.

Good Luck

Sadly I tried all of that :-( I have redone the thumb drive 3 times and the HD once and have used both back and front ports. It is interesting that my computer says it cannot detect any harddrive, yet it clearly sees it in the Bios.

Alex

Alex,

Try looking through this forum.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=187440

Apparently, you're not the only one having issues with this.

If you're running Version 1.6 of the Motherboard, here's a link to download the latest BIOS Update.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/gigabyte-latest-bios-28441/

As always, best of luck. :-)

• 1 month later...

Computer Components:

EP45-UD3P Gigabyte

GeForce 9800GT 512 DDR3

1TB WD partitioned

4GB RAM

First black screen says:

Third black screen says:

Alex