HELP! MSI X58 PRO-E

krummo

14 posts in this topic

Hey kids

I've been going through the forums without luck looking for a guide, or at least a successful installation of a Leopard or Snow Leopard installation on the MSI X58 PRO-E Motherboard.

Is there anybody here with that particular board that has had success and if so, what distro should I be looking for?? Thanks in advance!

I've had limited success installing Snow Leopard retail on a MSI X58 Pro, which is pretty similar to a Pro-E. May I suggest if you haven't seen a guide, you try to install it yourself?(By limited, I mean everything but audio and sleep.)

kun. , did you get audio working?

• 1 month later...
I've had limited success installing Snow Leopard retail on a MSI X58 Pro, which is pretty similar to a Pro-E. May I suggest if you haven't seen a guide, you try to install it yourself?(By limited, I mean everything but audio and sleep.)

kun. , did you get audio working?

Could you walk me through how you got it installed? I've got the MSI X58 Pro, and I can't get the damn thing to boot. Retail was a no go for me, and all the distros I've tried (iDeneb 1.4, XxX X86, iPC) install, but won't boot for me. I'm so lost.

Thanks. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
fr0z - Amazingly late response, a year late, :P sorry. Do you still need the help?

Hi,

I would like to setup Snow Leopard in X58 PRO-E. Do you mind to attach your S/L/E, and other things that are needed to boot up?

Thanks a lot.

Goedang

• 1 month later...
fr0z - Amazingly late response, a year late, :D sorry. Do you still need the help?

I suppose that makes two of us. XD

But yes, any help would be appreciated. I can't get anything (leopard or snow leopard) to boot beyond Hazard's Snow Leopard Distro. I would really like to try and get a retail boot of sorts running, though. If you could lend a hand, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
I suppose that makes two of us. XD

But yes, any help would be appreciated. I can't get anything (leopard or snow leopard) to boot beyond Hazard's Snow Leopard Distro. I would really like to try and get a retail boot of sorts running, though. If you could lend a hand, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

There's a Guide to get you up and running with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 for that Motherboard already:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1472313

post-613836-1274405419_thumb.png

• 5 months later...