XPC bootloader

coucou

12 posts in this topic

does this boot apple software raids? installation seems not to be very handy or it might just be the thin documentation

personaly do like boot think very much it's just so easy to set up and alter, but it can't boot raid

How to use that?

I DL that (screenshoot) and whats next to put on USB or less interested on HD ?

I read on that homepage link some makeusb D: or other things like refi .

It seems that i need more than only that EFI Folder ?

Bild_345.jpg

Anyway to install it to a USB stick without "makeusb" on windows?

I really like the XPC bootloader and would like to try it. Can't wait for the new version of refit to use it with XPC and have a multi-boot system with UEFI!! :(

Can anyone (whos XPC loader works , means you can boot from DVD,HD) check my USB Screenshoot conent ?

Perhaps my file structure, folders are wrong so AHCI.EFI driver isnt loaded.

I will try to make an compressed EFI_USB.dmg of my stick so it maybe works to get an preformated Stick by using Disk Utility Resote function.

A bootloader needs a MBR and bootsector, this one doesnt seem to have any of those things, just by putting the file structure in a disc partition surely wont work.

Unless I'm missing something this is useless as it is, I'm only guessing of course but as this thing has NO DOCUMENTATION, INSTRUCTIONS, FEATURE LIST or even a simple README file........

Use that XPC Tester KiT. All you need is also Windows (Parallels / Fusion).

First format the Stick with FAT32 (no need for other tool) and then start win terminal and use that .bat from the kit.

But as some other EFI Bootsticks, has major problems to AHCI native (SATA) - no way on may GA-EP 35.

Must switch to IDE mode to see at least SATA DVD as boot device , but also no SATA HDs shown - so useless for me.

XPC_TESTER_KIT.zip

A bootloader needs a MBR and bootsector, this one doesnt seem to have any of those things, just by putting the file structure in a disc partition surely wont work.

Unless I'm missing something this is useless as it is, I'm only guessing of course but as this thing has NO DOCUMENTATION, INSTRUCTIONS, FEATURE LIST or even a simple README file........

This is _not_ an public build, it is an GUI-Tryout Version.

If it goes public, you will be informed at xpc thread on projectosx.com forums.

• Like 1