Vanilla 10.6 Install Guide for GA-945GCM-S2C (945 Chipset) HELP!

sohosources

3 posts in this topic

Hi, gang:

I have a nice little hack running iDeneb 1.3, but I'd like to update to a Vanilla 10.6 install. I have been searching around this site (and others) looking for the easiest way to do this...but most of the guides seem to be set up for newer hardware.

I have:

* GA-945GCM-S2C (945 Chipset, ICH7) Board is extremely compatible except for stupid ALC662 sound, which is diabled in the BIOS.

* 4 GB RAM

* C2D 6300 (overclocked Conroe dual core)

* Nvidia 256-MB 7950GT Video

* IDE HD and DVD

* Gb Ethernet card (works out of box)

* USB Sound (works out of box)

The only thing "unusual" is that I have abandoned my PS-2-to-USB keyboard/mouse "dongle" cuz it annoys Win XP (I have swappable HDs on this box so I can play with XP, Win7, Linux, OSX, etc. There is NEVER more than 1 dedicated drive in this machine at any one time.) So, I have a PS-2 keyboard and mouse coming from a high-end KVM (there are several other PCs sharing my monitors and KB/Mouse).

I have a retail install DVD. Is there a Vanilla Guide that anyone can recommend for this hardware?

Thanks,

--KK in MN

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, gang:

I have a nice little hack running iDeneb 1.3, but I'd like to update to a Vanilla 10.6 install. I have been searching around this site (and others) looking for the easiest way to do this...but most of the guides seem to be set up for newer hardware.

I have:

* GA-945GCM-S2C (945 Chipset, ICH7) Board is extremely compatible except for stupid ALC662 sound, which is diabled in the BIOS.

* 4 GB RAM

* C2D 6300 (overclocked Conroe dual core)

* Nvidia 256-MB 7950GT Video

* IDE HD and DVD

* Gb Ethernet card (works out of box)

* USB Sound (works out of box)

The only thing "unusual" is that I have abandoned my PS-2-to-USB keyboard/mouse "dongle" cuz it annoys Win XP (I have swappable HDs on this box so I can play with XP, Win7, Linux, OSX, etc. There is NEVER more than 1 dedicated drive in this machine at any one time.) So, I have a PS-2 keyboard and mouse coming from a high-end KVM (there are several other PCs sharing my monitors and KB/Mouse).

I have a retail install DVD. Is there a Vanilla Guide that anyone can recommend for this hardware?

Thanks,

--KK in MN

Me Too... I have the same motherboard and a E4400 C2D. I'm using at this moment a retail 10.5.0 updated to 10.5.8 and using boothink 2.3, the XPC worked (vertion 0.45b2) with leopard, but i cant startup the dvd retail snow leopard.