DSDT Database

ovof

21 posts in this topic

Well, now DSDT with Snow leopard is very important, and u can get a lot fixes with DSDT patching.

What do you think about this idea ? : let's make a database of DSDT patched for every motherboard we have.

The entries needed are :

- motherboard exact name

- the révision

- the bios Version

- the fixes made

I start :

here's attached :

Asus P5LD2-VM SE

Révision 2

Bios 007

fixes : RTC, HPET, builtin USB, builtin Ethernet, sleep fix - no audio fix, no HPET/USB conflict fix

Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L (S2C also works)

Revision: 2

Bios: F8b

Fixes: HPET (CPUPM loads), RTC (For SL), LAN (TM fix), Audio, GFX, SPEEDSTEP

I'll update this if I make any new additions to the DSDT.

Now the only kexts I have in /Extra are: FakeSMC, GigabyteALC662, OpenHaltRestart, PlatformUUID

Rest of the system is untouched.

DSDT.aml.zip

DSDT_speedstep.aml.zip

I don't know if this is really useful, because of the different hardware in our systems and blackosx wrote an easy DSDT guide.

I think this is a wonderful idea.

DSDT hacking is a little difficult, and except for graphics all motherboards of the same make and bios version should logically be the same. If someone can get the hardest parts of dsdts (USB internal, correctly identified sata drives for no orange HDs, audio) hacked then why should someone else with a similar setup duplicate the effort? Eventually enough dsdts could be collected to make some sort of tool similar to EFI Studio. Since Snow Leopard requires a dsdt because of the CMOS bug, it would be nice for those who have trouble with dsdts.

Here is mine for a EP35-DS3R Rev 2.1 bios F4. I have working audio with attached kext, ethernet, internal USB for perfect sleep. I use a special AHCIPortInjector.kext also included for sata support. Also has CMOS fix- currently using with 10.6.1.

I use EFI strings for GFX, so this should work with any motherboard exactly like this one.

EP35_DS3RbiosF4.zip

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4

Bios F6

Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB (PCI 0, PEGP, DSTD GFX)

Ethernet (PEX 5, LAN 0)

fixes : RTC, HPET, Aliases Patch, GP9, Time Machine Patch, Cmos, Internal USB fix, AHCI-fix

Only kexts needed are: fakesmc.kext, openhaltrestart.kext, platformuuid.kext

Orange icons are fixed with the AHCI-fix in the dsdt file.

I have an USB soundcard which is OSX compatible, I don't use the onboard audiochip.

dsdt.aml.zip

Great idea!

dsdt09_08_09.zip Not my most up to date but work in progress none the less!

Modifications too numerous to mention !

Just one important notification - even minor changes like amount of RAM etc can make differences in your DSDT.AML.

Beware using other peoples' DSDT - InfiniteMac

Thus is it really safe to use a DSDT compiled on another PC?

Is it safer to distribute DSDT.DSL file instead?

Absolutly - this should be for reference only !

• 2 weeks later...

Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP with 4GB RAM and 3 internal hard disks

Don't know the revision

BIOS 1305 (the newest one currently)

USB's and Hard Disks are properly seen as internal.

Time Machine works.

Manual sleep and waking up from sleep probably works (except for me, look below).

Shutdown works.

I used this guide (including the kexts) to install SL from original DVD via a Leopard install:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1269543

Then replaced the boot with Netkas PCEFI 10.3:

http://netkas.org/?p=224

Then took the dsdt from here:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow.../post34233.html

And added this Time Machine fix to that dsdt.dsl and recompiled to DSDT.aml:

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/how-to-snow.../post35092.html

The GraphicsEnabler option in PCEFI 10.3 doesn't work for my Gainward Radeon HD4850 512MB, so I have to use the EVOenabler.kext (and added id in the ATI4800Controller.kext) instead. That's why I get corrupted graphics when waking up from sleep. Sleep would possibly work otherwise.

Thanks to all the wise and helpful people, and of course Apple as well (please make a sensible mid-price quadcore tower without a fixed display and graphics).

EDIT: Replaced boot with Netkas EFI 10.5 and turned on GraphicsEnabler. Graphics work now without EVOenabler.kext and even waking up from sleep works fine!

dsdt_for_Asus_P5K_E_Wifi_AP.zip

I also agree that we should NOT use a DSDT that is not specific to your machine. I also feel this is a very important thread that is needed. I think these DSDT's should only be used as a reference to build your own. If you're like me with an Asus M3A79-T Deluxe Mobo (790FX/SB750 Chip set) that has a crappy AMI BIOS a n error free DSDT would have been a big help. I had over 200 errors and when I finally got it down to the last "{" I got 147 more errors! I believe any newer ATI chip set with an AMI BIOS is buggy. I had lots of people look at it and help, even the epic 67GTA over at Ubuntu forums for those familiar, and still no luck. So yeah I think this is an awesome idea and a help to the community, especially for the noob's that are new to DSDT.

Well I just thought I would add my 2 cents and I hope this thread takes off. We should try and get some more obscure dsdt's in here too. I have a few more patches and observing to do to mine and I will post it maybe tonight and if not definitely tomorrow!

ZOTAC 9300 Mini-ITX

DSDT.dsl attached. Includes fixes for full graphics, CMOS reset and an audio injection to "layout-12". Also agree that not a good idea to use someone elses DSDT directly, but that a fixed one is good for reference. I was also helped in getting a very buggy DSDT into a state where it can be used - thanks 67GTA.

I have included a guide on how to fix the errors in the ZOTAC board so you can create your own DSDT. You can find the guide here

dsdt.dsl.zip

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...