Installation problem

micline

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

i get the marklar-tiger.dmg Image. :o

In "MD5" i get the right checksum, and right filesize (2.557.289,63 Kb).

After that i sucessfully converted,patched (Marklar-Tiger-patch-release1.rar with right checksum and filesize) and burned the ISO to a DVD/RW.

While the the Installtion process it stops and the "Java" files couldn't be installed. :unsure:

Could any give me a tip? Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

MICLINE

Hi,

i get the marklar-tiger.dmg Image. :)

In "MD5" i get the right checksum, and right filesize (2.557.289,63 Kb).

After that i sucessfully converted,patched (Marklar-Tiger-patch-release1.rar with right checksum and filesize) and burned the ISO to a DVD/RW.

While the the Installtion process it stops and the "Java" files couldn't be installed. :lol:

Could any give me a tip? Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,

MICLINE

I actually just got the same error, so I went into the advanced options and told it to stop installing java. I'm just in the midst of the install right now, so I'll let you know when I get that far. :)

Thanks! I solved the problem by reburn the patched ISO Image on a DVR/R instead of DVD/RW.  :lol:  :)  :)

It seems that some files were not correctly.

Do you have the right checksums (MD5) for your Image and Patchfile?

Regards,

MICLINE

I do yes. After telling the installer not to install java it seems to be running fine though. Perhaps my laptop hiccuped when I burnt the DVD or something. I had it burnt on a DVD+R, but I shouldn't imagine the media to be of any relevance in this situation, though I suppose there's always that chance...

It's good to hear that you solved the problem though. :)

I'll let you know in a couple of minutes as to how my install went...

EDIT:

After rereading the README for the Generic DVD Install Patch, I realize that there is no md5 sum listed for the patch or the ISO after the patch has been applied. For the sake of satisfying my own curiosity, can you let me know the md5 sums for your files so that I can verify that everything did actually patch properly?

I do yes.  After telling the installer not to install java it seems to be running fine though.  Perhaps my laptop hiccuped when I burnt the DVD or something.  I had it burnt on a DVD+R, but I shouldn't imagine the media to be of any relevance in this situation, though I suppose there's always that chance...

It's good to hear that you solved the problem though. :lol:

I'll let you know in a couple of minutes as to how my install went...

EDIT:

After rereading the README for the Generic DVD Install Patch, I realize that there is no md5 sum listed for the patch or the ISO after the patch has been applied.  For the sake of satisfying my own curiosity, can you let me know the md5 sums for your files so that I can verify that everything did actually patch properly?

Now another thought.. I realize now that I was using test3 of the generic dvd patch and not release1. So, I am downloading release1 right now and I will patch and burn again and we shall see what happens. Test3 actually installed for me after telling it not to install java, so maybe it was just a problem with that..

• 5 months later...
I actually just got the same error, so I went into the advanced options and told it to stop installing java. I'm just in the midst of the install right now, so I'll let you know when I get that far. :)

How can i do it?

that selection is disabled...

:)

I cannot instaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllll :pirate2:

can anyone help me?