I'd like to pull your hair out (rant about the elitism here)

terramir

6 posts in this topic

Well I dun have much Hair so pulling out mine would make me bald :P , So anyway here's my peeve:

This community is great when it comes to finding ways to make most things work! You get do this or do that, but when it comes to explaining step by step or teaching there is an air of elitism here that is frustrating the hell of of me!

I'd like to learn what kext do exactly how they are exactly installed what answer I get use kext helper LOL grrrr ;)

I'd like to really see step by step tut's that explain what each kext does and how to assemble kext for an install

(finding something that explains this is almost impossible. Well I haven't found anything yet.

I'd like to find a tutorial that doesn't either assume I'm a mac genius or a total moron, fugget about it can't find it yet.

I'd really like to learn this stuff (from driver assembly to driver coding for mac OS)

I'd like to really be able to participate in this process because I think we should not be elitist here

Don't get me wrong I love running a machine that is not wasting precious time and resources on AV and if I could my main would be a hackint0sh as well (problem there is I would need to be able to port a Linux driver in that case for my two hd tuners) I have not seen a BSD flavor driver yet.

So there is my rant

Please everyone point me in the right direction if it exists :) :)

terramir

I can understand your frustration and have had some of the same experiences. But some of these people have taken the time to learn and follow all of this technology. Sometimes it takes years to learn some of this stuff. Not from a book or tutorial but from experience. Some of these guys this what they do. They are programmers IT professionals. Remember that they are here helping people

because they WANT to. Not because they have to or are selling a product. So be paitient take the time to learn....hangout in the IRC chat channels. Ask people for help via PM or email. But know that they don't have to help anyone! They are doing it for the enjoyment of helping others and to hone their skills. But no one is under any obligation to help you at all! There are some basic skillsets that are needed to do theses hacks and mods. Most of that is assumed by the tutorial posters. these hacks and mods are not for everyone so put in your time and be patient.

Geekdad

I am a windows IT professional (custom system builder for companies and administrator for their networks usually 10 to 20 computers) LOL, self taught to that, in the end I can wrap my mind around anything, I learned how to code batch executions for automated back-up all by myself and google and pretty much everything else I learned as well just by reading and learning, it's just with this stuff the information doesn't seem to be out there in the same way that it is with windoze.

And that is frustrating the heck out of me, when I do a search the first hundred results I get assume that I'm either a unix coder or there so do this and do that that there is really nothing to learn

terramir

I am a windows IT professional

I on the other hand is not, I am not an IT pro at all. So I expect you to tell me all this is about. If you don't you are an elitist.

Anyway, almost everything you ask for is available from Apples own developer website...

I on the other hand is not, I am not an IT pro at all. So I expect you to tell me all this is about. If you don't you are an elitist.

Anyway, almost everything you ask for is available from Apples own developer website...

LOL :P No I'm not I freely share what I have learned, on the other hand you just gave me a pointer that I didn't know about, hmmm Apples developer website I gotta check that out that's

And I will probably check that book out as well

Thanks for good answers :)

terramir