GIGABYTE GA-P31-ES3G woes....

5 posts in this topic

I've been trying a number of methods to get Snow Leopard up and running without luck. I have been able to install all the way up to 10.5.8 with no issue but can't get past that. I tried one promising method here utilizing a USB drive and Chameleon but it fails with ACPI also. The install seems to go well up to the point of Kernel Panic due to the ACPI error. Can't get past this, anybody have a sure-fire way to install on this board?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I know it's not an especially popular method and I will try to perfect it with a vanilla install but just to let everyone know I am on a GA-P31-ES3G right now running Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with iatkos s3 updated. I am also running a Radeon HD 5770 with 10.6.4 and Graphics Update 1.0. Having this old board, plus a graphics card that was a little tricky to get working...I have faith that you can probably get almost any system if you really take the time to just work at it. I probably did 10 different installs until I finally got one working. Just giving hope to anyone out there running this old board (or any others).

• 9 months later...

Hello again....anyone still using this old board? I was finally able to get the vanilla install and had it up to 10.6.7 running great. I accidentally installed 10.6.8 and it messed up the sound so I'm working on that. But I can't believe this board was able to go as far as it has. I think with Lion I'll probably be updating to a new board but I'm definitely going to try to get it running on this just to see if it can!