AR5B91 with 10.6 not fully working

scott podjaski

4 posts in this topic

Hello all!

So I have an Acer Aspire 5735z (5735-4624) laptop, and I have been fiddling around installing 10.6 on it for a few weeks now. I am pleased to say that it runs very well!

-Sound works via new VoodooHDA.kext (in place of AppleHDA.kext)

-Touchpad/Keyboard work via VoodooPS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

*Even 2 finger scrolling works perfectly!

-Wireless works somewhat

Which brings me to my problem. 10.6 seems to fully support the AR5B91 card, and it sees and can connect to my home network (only under 32 bit mode, of course) but I can't seem to load any internet pages.

Is anyone else with this card experiencing similar problems? Any advice on what could be done to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice and long live the OSx86 scene!

scottpodj

Well I finally figured out the problems:

I got 1366x768x32 working with GL, but still no QE. Help Mr. Vaughn develop a fully compatible x4500 driver! I believe he is very close and anyone with a x4500 chipset can be of valuable assistance. Head over here to check out the progress:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185600

I also got the wireless working full time now. It turned out that the wireless switch on this laptop doesn't play particularly well with Mac OS. If it's off, you have to press it once and then reboot (in 32 bit mode, of course). But, you won't know if it's off or not unless the internet simply doesn't work!

So this means that I'm almost there with this laptop! The only things remaining is full QE video, ethernet, and sleep. I will post once I figure more out.

Good luck, guys!

P.S. Anyone with this laptop that has any questions, I may be able to help out! Either post or PM me.

Scott Podjaski

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...