iPod Touch Question

503Media

8 posts in this topic

A while ago, I got back from the Genius Bar from an Apple Retail Store which is from the mall that's near the home of my grandparent's. When I was at the Genius Bar (I was with my grandmother there), I had to have my iPod Touch (not the current one I have right now) looked at by a genius because I accidentally dropped it into a bowl of water (don't ask what it is; I don't really feel like being any more specific) last Thursday (Sept. 3, 2009) and by the end of the appointment, I ended up getting a replacement iPod Touch.

My question is, is it possible to regain data which was backed up on the computer that you used to sync to the replacement iPod Touch with (which was originally written on the original iPod Touch that I had) onto a different iPod Touch (in this case, the replacement one)?

Oh, never mind. After installing iTunes 9, it asked me if I wanted to set up the iPod as a new iPod or to restore from the last backup. :angel:

Oh, never mind. After installing iTunes 9, it asked me if I wanted to set up the iPod as a new iPod or to restore from the last backup. :)

OK, when I tried to restore my iPod I got the message in the image as seen below this post.

The question is: How do I set the iPod as new and restore the iPod software to the latest version?

post-358601-1252853644_thumb.png

OK, actually, I figured it out myself. What I did was I synced my new iPod to my PC, upgraded the firmware from iPhone OS 2 (2.2.1) to iPhone OS 3 (3.1.1) for free because it said:

You already bought the iPod Touch software upgrade. Click "Download" to get the upgrade for free.

Then I erased the data from my iPod (which didn't really take that long, I have to admit), then I connected my iPod to my MacBook (which is always where I had been backing up my iPod) and chose to restore from the latest backup (which was Sept. 1, 2009), and voila, it's "back to the way it should be".

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...