Slow boot time?

nauset

6 posts in this topic

My Dell 1545 is running Iaktos 7 and takes about a minute to boot up. My sound card drivers are not loaded would that be making it start up slow? if so can I tell osx not to try and load/search 4 sound card drivers?

pfff....

If you boot up, remove the Kexts of the audio drivers (System/Library/Extensions) and remake the Extensions.mkext using any tool (dont know anymore, search this forum).

Now it shouldnt search/load those drivers. In the same way you can add a good sound driver. (add the .kext to Extensions folder and remake Extensions.mkext)

Or you could just reinstall the whole thing; and then deselecting those irritating audio drivers.

Still it doesnt mean this would solve the prob. try booting with vlag -v. There you can see what's taking him so long. Check for any USB devices put into your PC. this might cause it to load so long. Otherwise just buy yourself a new PC, or do something better by buying a real Macintosh.

pfff....

If you boot up, remove the Kexts of the audio drivers (System/Library/Extensions) and remake the Extensions.mkext using any tool (dont know anymore, search this forum).

Now it shouldnt search/load those drivers. In the same way you can add a good sound driver. (add the .kext to Extensions folder and remake Extensions.mkext)

Or you could just reinstall the whole thing; and then deselecting those irritating audio drivers.

Still it doesnt mean this would solve the prob. try booting with vlag -v. There you can see what's taking him so long. Check for any USB devices put into your PC. this might cause it to load so long. Otherwise just buy yourself a new PC, or do something better by buying a real Macintosh.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I own 2 Macs and 2 Dell Laptops... tinkering=learning in my book, thanks again for your help.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I own 2 Macs and 2 Dell Laptops... tinkering=learning in my book, thanks again for your help.

Why would you use OSX86 on your Dell laptop if you have 2 Macs?!

You're a lucky one. I only have an AMD and a very old Intel laptop...

Why would you use OSX86 on your Dell laptop if you have 2 Macs?!

You're a lucky one. I only have an AMD and a very old Intel laptop...

My dell laptop I got @ a great price and is pretty fast. core 2 duo , 4 gigs ram 64bit, 250 gig hd blah blah...

I have always had a linux/windows dual boot scenario ; so know I have configured this one to Ubuntu9/osx 10.5.7

... my emac is running linux and my powerbookG4 is going up 4 sale soon.

My dell laptop I got @ a great price and is pretty fast. core 2 duo , 4 gigs ram 64bit, 250 gig hd blah blah...

I have always had a linux/windows dual boot scenario ; so know I have configured this one to Ubuntu9/osx 10.5.7

... my emac is running linux and my powerbookG4 is going up 4 sale soon.

Crazy that you actually run linux on emac...

powerbookG4... man that's the old times.

Go get yourself a new Mac model, like the Macbook or the Mac Pro.

(Again, i do not have Macs but really want one)