my system is:

M2N-SLI Deluxe

9600GT video

4gb ram

8450 AMD triple core

500gb sata (for osx)

500gb sata (unplugged, has w7 on it)

sata dvd drive

I installed LawlessPPC what seemed like perfectly.

It the got to the white apple screen and continued spinning the loading circle for a good hour or so, So i restarted and it did the same.

I then restarted again and did -f -x, this time it went gray and told me to restart.

I unplugged my OSX drive and plugged in the windows one so I could find a solution online, and that drive wont boot anymore.

I then inserted my lawlessppc install disc, and it hung at AppleNForceATA: Found 1 units.

restarted and now its been hanging at ATA Disk: Checksum Cookie not valid.

Can anyone help me out here? I'm loosing my mind. Because my 7 drive is not working now either, I cant download another distro or kexts. So im stuck with my lawlessppc disc.

Can anyone help?

The fact that you're having problems with your Windows disk, which it sounds like you physically disconnected prior to installing OS X, is disturbing. That suggests the possibility of a hardware failure. Perhaps a static discharge did some damage to the motherboard when you were swapping disks...?

I suggest you start by resetting your BIOS options and try any other bootable media available to you -- emergency CD-ROMs, bootable USB flash drives, even floppy disks. If nothing boots, even after you reset the BIOS, then that supports the damaged hardware hypothesis. You can then begin examining hardware issues -- bad RAM, damaged CPU, etc. If some devices boot but some don't, look for a pattern. Perhaps it's a bad SATA cable, for instance.

If most devices boot but not your Windows or Mac OS disks, then I recommend you use whatever Windows utilities you've got to try to fix your Windows installation. The Windows install disc can sometimes recover a damaged Windows installation, although my experience is that this feature works only about half the time. I suggest trying to recover Windows because that's likely to be easier than recovering an as-yet-untested OSx86 installation. If necessary, reinstall Windows from scratch.

Reset the bios and tried to boot with -f

No "restart" screen this time, but froze after a few min at the white apple loading screen

Trying with -f -x and it seems to just load forever like before, no restart screen anymore though.

Any thoughts?

What set up in the bios are you using. You will most likely need to disable your onboard Firewire, Serial and Parallel port as well. See if that gets you up and running.

When you encounter boot problems, priority #1 is always to boot with the "-v" option. This enables verbose mode, which presents information about what drivers are loading, etc., while the system loads, rather than the gray Apple logo. The textual information can be useful for diagnosing problems, since it sometimes includes error messages or may at least point you to the problem subsystem.

It seems a bios reset was all that was needed, I reset it once again (with battery, hard reset)

Mac loaded up just fine, i was on the desktop for a good few hours.

my windows drive is working again.

just need to learn how to work with kexts to get my audio, video card and network working.

also interested in using the gui bootloader chameleon 2.0 at some point.

wanna get everything working first though.

Well ive got everything working fine on 10.5.4 except my video card. I tried efi stuff and I was ganna use the 9000 series installer, but it requires 10.5.5

I tried the apple update (stupidly) and ended up having to reinstall. Im back to where i was before, but this time ethernet works, but not the internet.

I have put in a iDeneb v1.6 (10.5.8) disc, but it ends up waiting for root device.

Anyone got a better update plan?

Anyone got a better update plan?

First, back up your system. Tools like Carbon Copy Cloner are very useful for this, particularly if you've got a spare partition or even a large USB flash drive. It's usually easier to restore from a backup than to go through the whole install process again.

Second, don't switch distributions too quickly. A lot of fixes are simple once you know what they are. The trick is figuring out that magic combination of kexts and configuration file changes you need to make.

Third, video is a pain. Often you can get it working minimally, but it's impossible to get full QE and CI working. These are important for certain games and video playback, but unnecessary for e-mail, Web browsing (except for video sites), etc. QE and CI also simplify video mode switching, but there are boot options to set the video mode, so if that's all you need, look into that. (I'm afraid I don't recall the precise boot options to change video modes.) If worst comes to worst, you may need to buy a new video card (for a desktop; this obviously isn't an option for laptops).