fiestaman

Ati HD3650 in Snow Leopard, someone had success?

34 posts in this topic

Advertisement
I can get mine to boot into Snow Leopard with a HD3650. The screen resolution is locked at 1400x1050 (I need 1680x1050), and there's no hardware acceleration (it does not detect the card properly, although it sees it as a HD3650, but only with 256mb ram etc.). I just deleted all the ati/nvidia kexts in the system/library/extentions folder. That seemed to do the trick.

If anyone have any ideas on how to move on from here... fire away!! :D

I can run Snow Leopard with my HD3650 and 1650*1080 but without acceleration ((

The comment about the password relates to the OS X snow leopard login window!

Attention: DO NOT install this driver to Snow Leopard (10.6.x). It will render your system inaccessible (Snow Leopard automatically goes back to the login screen after login).

You must then recover your system to a previous state.

It's for Leopard and I've been using it for 6 months with 10.5.8 with iMovie 09.

The download I provided a link to in a previous post works and the zip file doesn't need a password to decompress.

I can get mine to boot into Snow Leopard with a HD3650. The screen resolution is locked at 1400x1050 (I need 1680x1050), and there's no hardware acceleration (it does not detect the card properly, although it sees it as a HD3650, but only with 256mb ram etc.). I just deleted all the ati/nvidia kexts in the system/library/extentions folder. That seemed to do the trick.

If anyone have any ideas on how to move on from here... fire away!! ;)

Please tell us HOW?

If you want just start Snow Leopard with ATI Radeon HD3650 in normal x64 mode with full resolition, you need to add your vendor ID to ATIRadeonX2000.kext. Get full resolution (only after adding your ID) you can by using SwitchResX 3.8.6 (I'm using cracked version and it's work fine for me). You don't need to delete anything.

But QuartzGL and Quartz Extreme did't work((

If someone have a questions - just ask about my trick or say "Thank you" if it help you))

If you had success with QE - please write me to PM or to my email)))

Any news about Radeon 3650, id 9598 working on Lion?

I just installed Lion 10.7.2 and I can't change resolution and no QE/CI either.

If I boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it hangs after a few seconds. I tried also to boot with AtiPorts and AtiConfig to change the framebuffer with no luck.

Any ideas?