Hackintosh without Mac before?

lackofamac

2 posts in this topic

ive been trying to find a way to download the os for the hackintosh i have, but the problem is that all the stuff that ive found require you to have a mac before hand, anyone know of a way i can do it without having a mac to burn the .iso? all my specs are good, just i dont have a way to burn the dvd

Most OSx86 install DVD images I've seen are simple .iso files, which can be burned to DVD in any modern OS (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, etc.). If you happen to have gotten a .dmg file, I've heard of Windows utilities that can convert to .iso format, but I don't happen to have any names or URLs handy.

With a burned DVD in hand, you can install by booting the DVD. Some of these are complete installers (and therefore of questionable legality, although AFAIK Apple's not sent its lawyers after their users or creators), but others are designed to work in conjunction with a retail OS X DVD. In the latter case, you boot the special disc you download, which then pauses the boot process while you swap the disc out for your retail DVD and continue to boot and install with it. Either way, you don't need to have OS X installed on your system before you begin.