IPC 10.5.6 error

francoghini

7 posts in this topic

i am a newb to the osx86 scene but i have been trying to dual boot for a month or so ive finally decided to just ask here.

I have an Emachines t5082(bleh) and you can check out the specs in the attached image. ive tried 3 diff distros and i get waiting for root device everytime ive decided to stay with ipc because of its large hardware support. iwanted to know where can i get the drivers or kexts i need , which ones do i need, and HOW do i apply them? help is much appreciated=]

please dont tell me to use the search bar because things are diff with diff hardware

p.s. the only non stock thing i have is extra ram(if it matters?)

EDIIT: LOOK AT THE SPECS IN 5TH POST

The specs you've posted are inadequate for proper problem determination. I recommend you get CPU-Z, which gathers more detailed and specific information. In particular, pay attention to whatever it reports for the motherboard and/or ATA chipset(s). Check the list of iPC drivers (there's a list in graphical form here). With luck it'll be obvious which driver you need. If not, try Googling (for instance, "SuperFoo SATA OSx86"), and if that fails, post again with whatever information you've gathered, particularly the CPU-Z chipset identification details.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for taking forever to reply i was busy with school and what not but on cpu-z it says

Chipset

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Northbridge ATI RS400/RC400/RC410 rev. 01

Southbridge ATI SB400 rev. 80

Memory Type DDR2

Memory Size 2560 MBytes

Channels Single

Memory Frequency 266.5 MHz ()

CAS# latency (CL) 4.0

RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 4

RAS# Precharge (tRP) 4

Cycle Time (tRAS) 12