KP Galore

guaterickie

5 posts in this topic

Hey. I used blackosx's guide for installing SL. the method is installing leopard 10.5 and then installing SL from there. I followed it very well and got everything working. got boot file from Netkas and used dsdt.aml patching ethernet, audio, and graphics. all of that seems to be working fine. im running in x64 right now but i tried running in x32 bit the first time. the first time was good and everything was working but after a while kernel panic. i just restarted and then kept working and after a while i tried installing World of Warcraft. about 1/6 of the way in i got a KP. restarted and just surfed internet and went to bed. woke up, KP. restarded and listened to some music, then i went to work. came back and bam, KP. restarted. browsing internet, music and then i plugged in a new HP 8GB flash drive i bought. i had downloaded 10.5.7 combo update two days ago (thought about just starting over and using leopard cause i didnt have too many problems with that, i actually got a KP the first time i tried downloading 10.5.7 lol) and so i was gonna copy it to the flash drive. got a KP when i tried copying. then i remembered that i hadnt switched to x64 bit since i had installed. i was running in x32 bit. so i thought i would give that a try and see if performance would improve. so i did that and i was just browsing through internet looking for a good background picture for my desktop. got a KP and had to restart. thats when i had it and had to make this thread. i typed this up very fast as to avoid a KP haha. one thing to note is that blacksosx uses a EP45 and i use a P35-S3L and i used all of his files. but the thing is i used my own dsdt.aml and just used the kexts that he provided. i dont think that the kexts are the problem but i could be very wrong haha. i hope that i am wrong so i can get the right kexts and make this thing stable.

two SATA hds. my DVD drive is IDE. e6550 intel proc, 4gb 1066 ram, 8800gts 320mb, gigabyte ga-p35 s3l mobo

UPDATE: im trying to reinstall snow leopard from a flash drive (8gb) that i just bought cause i heard its much better that way. whenever i try installing chameleon to my usb drive it fails. first i tried it on SL and it failed so i booted to 10.5 and tried installing it there but i still get an error. it says that it fails to initialize the post script for Standard (i assume Standard is the only thing that i left ticked in the customize pane of chameleon). everything seems to be in the USB drive. should i continue or do i need that post script for it to work?

Make sure your Snow Leopard drive is on SATA channel 0. Not 1 or 2 or whatever. I had the same issue. Random kernel panics while doing different things. But I didn't have it with the copy I restored to my drive on SATA channel 0 for rescue / testing updates. Swapped drives around and they went away.

Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R, C2Q 9550, 4GB DDR2 1066, 320GB SATA II, 120 GB SATA II, SATA DVD-RW, 8600 GTS. Used Backosx's guide too