wireless card install

Areku

7 posts in this topic

Hi im trying to get my wireless card to work on my gateway MX6930 Notebook

Network   [list][*]10/100 Mbps built-in Ethernet[*]Intel® PRO/Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g (3945ABG)   Including SecureEasySetup™[/list]

thats what i pulled off the gateway site. ive got osx 1.5.6 installed and working. i just have no internet. i have no idea how to go about installing drivers like on windows.

i wasnt sure what to search :blink:

ima give that a try

(i keep getting IPS driver error when i try to load a page for some reason)

i found this after using google and searching

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

im not sure if this is what i need any 1 mind telling me how id go about installing it and finding out if it works?

heck i wouldnt mind an ethernet driver >.> lol

It's not quite "out of the box," but my TrendNet TEW-424UB works nicely for me with drivers from Realtek (who made the chipset in my adapter). A couple of caveats, though:

• Manufacturers sometimes change chipsets without making obvious changes to the model name/number. I bought my TEW-424UB over a year ago, so it's conceivable that TrendNet has changed their design in that time. This caveat would apply to almost anything you could buy, of course.
  • The Realtek drivers make the Wi-Fi port look like an Ethernet port. They include their own software for setting Wi-Fi features, such as encryption, SSID, frequency, etc. This works fine, but it's different from Apple's own Wi-Fi subsystem.