[Solved] QuickTime X

jizzle

16 posts in this topic

Are you sad that your QuickTime X does not record system sound....But Fear not...my very good friend "google" helped me solve this problem:-

1. Download Both Attachments (no Duh!)

2. Install "SnowLeopardSoundflower.mpkg"

3. Install "Soundflower-1.5.1.dmg"

4. Run "Soundflowerbed" application found in /Application/Soundflower, now you should see a little flower in the top right hand corner of your menu bar.

Screenshot2009-09-04at103208PM.png

5. Click on the Flower and under "Soundflower (2ch)" click on Built-in Line Output and leave "Soundflower (16ch)" OFF (you can also use 16 ch. too but its mostly for more complicated outputs)

6. Open up System Preferences --> Sound --> Output....You should see "Soundflower (2ch) and Sound flower (16ch)...go ahead and click on "Soundflower (2ch)"

7. Open QuickTime X --> File --> New Screen Recording and now click on the little Triangle to bring up the Drop down menu and then select "Soundflower (2ch)"

Screenshot2009-09-04at104041PM.png

8. Keep the volume to minimum in quicktime while recording videos or else it will cause echoes (sorry i don't know why...i'm not an expert on this :P )

Screenshot2009-09-04at104529PM.png

Note:- IF INCASE 2ch DOES NOT WORK FOR YOU THEN TRY 16ch (just replace 2ch with 16ch in very step above)

This is it :D if you followed the steps correctly then you should not have any trouble recording system audio with video! Enjoy :unsure:

any questions and comments are welcome

Update:- If you are experiencing crashes or no sound after about 10-15 mins than Remove "JackRouter" from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/JackRouter and restart your computer.

I would say Stick It :D

SnowLeopardSoundflower.mpkg.zip

Soundflower_1.5.1.dmg

Yes, you can record audio only, screen and video in Quicktime X.

Video record is "alt apple N"

Audio record is "control alt apple N"

Screen record is "control apple N"

Or just use the menu instead of the shortcuts, its under file after the Safari menu. Unless you mean to record screen and audio, make sure you choose an audio line, microphone or whatever, press on screen record then choose the audio type and quality.

I'm looking for the Apple J command which was on 10.5 on the non X version. With apple J you were apple to add copyright, name, album, year etc and change the video viewing screen, I just want the viewing screen part. After changing it into a new container (Mov) I also changed the viewing screen but kept the original size. I seem to not be able to find this feature in X version.

Hello everyone, I just want to know if it is possible to record screen with system audio from QuickTime X. I know I can hook up a microphone and use Line-In, but any way to record system audio???

Actually no I haven't found a way to do this. I think you mean the audio that your system is playing, not the audio from a microphone or external source. So, the comment above doesn't really fix your problem. I'm looking for the same thing, if you or anyone figures it out please let us know!

Actually no I haven't found a way to do this. I think you mean the audio that your system is playing, not the audio from a microphone or external source. So, the comment above doesn't really fix your problem. I'm looking for the same thing, if you or anyone figures it out please let us know!

yep, i'm looking into it and c if i can figure something out.....keep me informed if you find something

yep, i'm looking into it and c if i can figure something out.....keep me informed if you find something

I've asked around and I think Apple doesn't allow it so that you can't record iTunes directly. Of course, with other utilities you can accomplish this, but my sources tell me that Apple doesn't want a built-in mechanism to work around their DRM.

:\ I wish/hope they added this. There are some virtual audio in/out devices out there (I think one called Virtual Jack) that might accomplish this. Take the audio output and redirect it into a virtual audio input which you can record off of. B) I bet that would work swimmingly.

Cheers

I've asked around and I think Apple doesn't allow it so that you can't record iTunes directly. Of course, with other utilities you can accomplish this, but my sources tell me that Apple doesn't want a built-in mechanism to work around their DRM.

:\ I wish/hope they added this. There are some virtual audio in/out devices out there (I think one called Virtual Jack) that might accomplish this. Take the audio output and redirect it into a virtual audio input which you can record off of. :) I bet that would work swimmingly.

Cheers

sounds good, alternatively u can use wares like ishowu or screenflow and a freeware alternative called Jing i believe, but nonetheless its kinda {censored}y on apples part to do this......

I tried looking up virtual jack but couldn't find it and virtual audio cable is available only for pc's but i found something interesting.

"The other day I was playing some audio from a web site that would not allow me to save it in any reasonable format. Sure, I could purchase/download either WireTap Pro or Audio Hijack to do the job, but why go through all the hassle when I had a copy of QuickTime Pro?

Thanks to one of the new features in Quicktime Pro 7, you can easily record audio or video going into your Mac. But what about the audio coming out of it? All you need is a 1/8" to 1/8" audio cable (look at your local electronics store if you don't already have one). For me, I just plugged one end into the headphone/audio out jack, and the other end into the audio input/mic jack.

In QuickTime, make sure that the monitor/input volume is muted, hit the Record button, and then hit Stop when the audio is finished. I admit that this is a somewhat clunky solution compared to other software-based options, but I just wanted to use what I had without spending money on other apps."

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...051219161639252

I tried looking up virtual jack but couldn't find it and virtual audio cable is available only for pc's but i found something interesting.

"The other day I was playing some audio from a web site that would not allow me to save it in any reasonable format. Sure, I could purchase/download either WireTap Pro or Audio Hijack to do the job, but why go through all the hassle when I had a copy of QuickTime Pro?

Thanks to one of the new features in Quicktime Pro 7, you can easily record audio or video going into your Mac. But what about the audio coming out of it? All you need is a 1/8" to 1/8" audio cable (look at your local electronics store if you don't already have one). For me, I just plugged one end into the headphone/audio out jack, and the other end into the audio input/mic jack.

In QuickTime, make sure that the monitor/input volume is muted, hit the Record button, and then hit Stop when the audio is finished. I admit that this is a somewhat clunky solution compared to other software-based options, but I just wanted to use what I had without spending money on other apps."

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?sto...051219161639252

That idea sounds great on most mac computers... though there will be _very_ slight loss in quality with the D to A to D conversion. Additionally, this is not possibly on my laptop, the newest MacBook Pro's only have one jack, which can be used for input and output or both. :( So, I'm SOL on this idea.

And I tried Jack also and can't get it to work on SL yet... I will try a bit more in the next days. :thumbsup_anim: Maybe something will come together.

That idea sounds great on most mac computers... though there will be _very_ slight loss in quality with the D to A to D conversion. Additionally, this is not possibly on my laptop, the newest MacBook Pro's only have one jack, which can be used for input and output or both. ;) So, I'm SOL on this idea.

And I tried Jack also and can't get it to work on SL yet... I will try a bit more in the next days. :) Maybe something will come together.

After Much Trouble and Searching I finally Found the Solution :D

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

1. Download Both Attachments (no Duh!)

2. Install "SnowLeopardSoundflower.mpkg"

3. Install "Soundflower-1.5.1.dmg"

Update:- If you are experiencing crashes or no sound after about 10-15 mins than Remove "JackRouter" from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/JackRouter and restart your computer.

Are you sure that this is the right order of installation? So, i should install fix first, and THEN the latest version of Soundflower? I am experiencing crashes.. I want to route individual audio channels from Logic to spectrum analyzer. and for this, I need to hear sound also, so I need e.g. one ch for kick, one for bass and the other stereo pair to actually hear whole sound.. so, I think I have to use Soundflower16. I used it for same purpose with iTunes and other audio players for analyzing complete stereo files and it gave me less problems, but still... problems, occasionaly strange glitch noises instead of music. BUt, what will I get with removing file "JackRouter"? Is it something like preference file and it will be "reseted" or it will remove Soundflower?

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to ask off topic,

i cannot get QTX to play ANY MOV files at all

i hope this is just me being a noob, anf there is a link on where to educate me...

thanks in advance!

digitalsoul4

Kakewalk install

X58A-UD5

i7 930

12Gig

eVGA 9800 GT 1 Gig

1TB WD Caviar Black

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 years later...