Intel DG41RQ Compatible with MAC?

Muhammad Abbas

11 posts in this topic

Completely.

I have a fully functional Leopard 10.5.8 Vanilla running.

I gonna post a guide for this installation, but I'm out of time this week.

Of course, intel 4500 video chipset isn't supported. An offboard videocard is required.

A quick guide:

Intel DG41RQ

Installation method: All of them. (but I rather the Boot123 + RETAIL OSX LEOPARD.. 'cause it's untouched.)

Patches:

Lan - Realtek1000

Audio- All the jacks works with VoodooHDA 0.2.2 kext (front and rear mic, front headphone and hear Lineout and, sure, hear line in.)

Fixes:

UUID fix

CARBONLIB fix

Time Machine fix + EFI string to ethernet with EFISTUDIO

bootloader: chameleon RC1 + EFIv10

Works like a charm.

Updates from Software Update with no problem.

Be aware of wich video card u gonna put on it.

nvidia 9800GTS recommended.

C'Ya

• 4 months later...

Hi Robson, I would really appreciate if you can help me with the installation of this motherboard.

I am able to do the whole installation process, but I never get to boot, always a message saying that there is no booting device for Leopard, or a stall in the Snow Leopard Hazard while booting.

The hdd and dvd are both sata, and the hdd partition is GPT

Thanks again, hope you (or anybody else that feels like chipin'in) can help me out.

Hi Robson, I would really appreciate if you can help me with the installation of this motherboard.

I am able to do the whole installation process, but I never get to boot, always a message saying that there is no booting device for Leopard, or a stall in the Snow Leopard Hazard while booting.

The hdd and dvd are both sata, and the hdd partition is GPT

Thanks again, hope you (or anybody else that feels like chipin'in) can help me out.

>Listen, skype me (i sent u a message with my user) and then i'll try to help u. Guess u're havin' trouble booting it 'cause ur graphic card doesn't support osx or the bootloader is wrong.

hugs

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i've tried alot of kext to get my audio to work on Snow Leopard, but all have failed.

could someone who have it running add a tutorial on how to do it, cause all of my tries were dead ends.

i've installed using the MyHack Method and all went smoothly but now the audio bugs me as hell

Vooda HDA works fine in this board

i've tried alot of kext to get my audio to work on Snow Leopard, but all have failed.

could someone who have it running add a tutorial on how to do it, cause all of my tries were dead ends.

i've installed using the MyHack Method and all went smoothly but now the audio bugs me as hell

• 1 month later...

Hardware: intel DG41RQ, 4GB RAM, Intel Core2 Duo Quad Q8400, MSI Geforce 9400

i have installed with "Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_SSE2_SSE3_Intel_AMD_by_Hazard"

with notes in wiki "http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.2#Intel"

but sleep do not work, can anybody please help? it goes in sleep but won't awake, no picture

Have anybody an other installation guide for this board?

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I have the dg41rq and had some luck with the empire efi/my hack method. I have an intel core 2 duo and only one of the core's is recognized by about this mac. It shows up in the bio's and every time I try to fix it wont boot. At first I just had to use the empire efi disk to boot and now it just give 3 or 4 pages of code and sits there (with the boot disk, without it I just get a flashing cursor) Thanks for any help, regards CFI

• 3 months later...

Hello

My dg41rq worked pretty perfectly for a couple months, I had an issue with wake from sleep and had to shut it off using the power strip many times. I started getting an unfixable problem during fsck, recently it stopped being able to boot. I couldn't get it to work at all, even using a cd boot disk. it would stop right before the chameleon used to show up with the disk. unless I ref lashed to bios with version 7, I had been using v 14. I now only have the use of 2 of the sat slots so I had to run the time machine restore using the disk through a USB enclosure. it is been restoring now for 78 hours, Ive got 9 to go. Any ideas?.??????? Thanks

• 1 month later...
Hello

My dg41rq worked pretty perfectly for a couple months, I had an issue with wake from sleep and had to shut it off using the power strip many times. I started getting an unfixable problem during fsck, recently it stopped being able to boot. I couldn't get it to work at all, even using a cd boot disk. it would stop right before the chameleon used to show up with the disk. unless I ref lashed to bios with version 7, I had been using v 14. I now only have the use of 2 of the sat slots so I had to run the time machine restore using the disk through a USB enclosure. it is been restoring now for 78 hours, Ive got 9 to go. Any ideas?.??????? Thanks

Well if anyone is using this board I can tell you what caused the problem. The sata disk I was using for time machine had some kind of problem and the system would only boot if that sata plug was open. I had to restore using the backup hooked up through an external usb sata adapter. Works and now I have a usb drive hooked up to one of the 2 high speed usb ports and a total restore will only take about 4 hours (395 gb)

10.6.5 has not gone well. I've used the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] rollback usb but I'm still missing all my high speed usb ports. I've tried the usb kext's and methods from several other website and made my machine unusable. I've restored 10.6.4 and am trying to figure out a usb fix that will work.

I'm not sure if this is related but I have to boot it twice to get full usb use. First boot no high speed, then reboot USB is fine. I was told it was a bios problem but I can not fix it. Thanks C