Gigabyte EP45 UD3P Installation Problem

EverestDreams

2 posts in this topic

I am really new to the whole hackintosh scene, so let me say thank you in advanced. I have combed through so much information over the last 3 days as I have tried to get a fully working hackintosh up and running and I am running out of patience. All I am looking for is some step by step help.

I have a:

Gigabyte EP45 UD3P F9 motherboard

Intel Q9550 Quad Core processor running at 2.83 ghz

8 Gigs of OCZ Ram

I have been using the iPC 10.5.6 PFF Final DVD for my initial install and have had no problems with that. When I install I have been using these customized options:

Kernel: no kernel

Video: Whatever suits your video card (mine is 8800 GT EFI Studio for display driver)

Chipset: ICH10 SATA and JMirconATA for JMircon IDE

Audio: ALC 889A and the patch doesn't work , use HDAEnabler.kext later

Ethernet: Realtek R1000

USB drivers: Patched USB driver

Fixes and patches: Shutdown/restart fix

My question is that after the install, what are my next steps. For those of you that have this board, what do I do first right after I boot? What do I need to do in order to prepare things to apply the 10.5.7 update? Any advice would be helpful as I have just done my 4th re-install today to get things working right, and I am getting kind of fed up. Thanks again.

Oops...just realized that the customized info that I copied and pasted was not accurate...I have an ATI 4870 PCI video card that will be a pain in itself to get working. But from my understanding, I need to get to 10.5.7 to be order to do that.

I have this exact same board, and pretty much the only reason I bought it because i know it was really really compatible with OSX.

Take a look at this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180619.

some very nice people took the time out to talk to me about my options.

Originally I wanted an ASUS Board to boot Kalyway with it.

Broken (the guy that helped me) said that I would be very foolish to install a Distro, and that retail installs are the way to go ahead, anyway he explains that in the thread.

I have literally only just got this board working after 1day of trying, which I thinks really good. Compared to my last attempt where it took me 2 weeks and it still didn't work right (on a hp laptop).

I really recommend using retail 10.5.6.

To install it, you boot from a CD that is in a package (I will show you in a minute) to make it think its the apple boot loader, then swap the CD for the retail disk install, then install PC_EFI v9 (which is the boot loader to boot OSX without the fake boot loader).

Here are some guides:

http://auzigog.com/2008/12/23/hackintosh-20/(I tried this guide and it didnt work out for me, I think I was installing chameleon wrong instead of pc efi.)

Or this one (which I thinks better, the guys a genius).

https://leopardsoup.pbworks.com/session/log...ge=ud3p_welcome

If you get a login thing on the second one, let me know and I will be happy to send you the package.

I hope you go for the right decision :thumbsup_anim:

Peace out.