HP Pavilion dv5000 dv5030us laptop used

Tatsh

1 post in this topic

I have had this laptop for about 3 years and I have recently upgraded to a new one.

The specs are:

15.4" LCD (native resolution 1280x800)

AMD Turion 64 @ 2.0 GHz

ATI Radeon Xpress 200M 256MB

2 GB RAM (upgraded from 1 GB)

160 GB (IDE) 5400RPM HDD (Hitachi) (upgraded from Seagate 100GB 4200RPM)

DVD+-RW 8x (24x CD-R)

12-cell Li-Ion Battery (lasts 3 hours with normal use)

COA for Windows XP MCE 2005

Remote control for media center

5-in-1 media reader (does not read SDHC)

3 x USB 2.0

1 x 10/100 Realtek Ethernet

1 x VGA out

1 x AC Adaptor (HP, not some 3rd party brand)

This machine works great if you're not playing recent games, but it faired okay even with Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars. I used it a lot to play games of the 2000-2003 era, especially RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and The Sims 2.

Windows XP runs smooth as ever on this machine, and you have a legitimate license. Linux will run okay, but part of the reason I upgraded was due to the video card. It will handle anything. Machine will come with a clean install of MCE 2005 (no HP {censored}, no Norton {censored}).

There are some scratches on the top surface mainly. Also a visible mark on the touch-pad from use. Screen has 1 barely visible scratch and is not visible when the screen is on (only visible under certain light).

Asking $275. Negotiate with me via PM. I'm posting this on multiple forums just so you know.

Since you guys would probably be interested, I did run Leopard on this once (and long ago I ran Tiger on it for a bit), but never got to configuring the video card. Everything else seemed to work fine. Even without the video card configured, it was fast enough.