Any success stories for g31 based boards

4 posts in this topic

I haven't been able to make a boot disc that will get retail to load to save my life. I have an ASUS PK5PL-VM and CM, both run Leopard just great, but I haven't been able to find the right combo of kexts to get it to work.

Guest easysleazy
I haven't been able to make a boot disc that will get retail to load to save my life. I have an ASUS PK5PL-VM and CM, both run Leopard just great, but I haven't been able to find the right combo of kexts to get it to work.

I got my buddies ga-g31-s2l to work.

I had my PK5PL-VM running snowy for a while but had to give up due to my ATI 2600 card.

I was successfull when I installed from my 10.5.7 OS and just patching Extra/Extensions with netkas' EFI 10.1 as bootloader. I didn't try the attansic L1 driver or figuring out audio as it seemed pointless without a video driver. It was stable with only the bare extras but as I was working on the 2600 it got very unstable.

As well I downloaded snowosx 3.5 and gave 'er a go .. no dice .. KP immediately .. I think it might have something to do with boot_dfe ..

Anyways I wouldn't call it a success but it did run in x64 and what apps I did try ran really fast, even faster than my MacBook ( but it is locked to a i386 kernel, for now??? )

My box is a C2D 8200, 4G, 500G HDD, ATI HD2600Pro + Firewire card

Cheers

speedbuggy