VMWare Fusion runs slow

18 posts in this topic

I've installed Snow Leopard on my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P and all is working fine and happy except that when I run VMWare Fusion it runs really really slow and sometimes crashes out. I don't have problems on any of my real Macs just the PC.

Any ideas/required kexts?

Cheers!

I've installed Snow Leopard on my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3P and all is working fine and happy except that when I run VMWare Fusion it runs really really slow and sometimes crashes out. I don't have problems on any of my real Macs just the PC.

Cheers!

I've the same problem with X38-DQ6 + Q6600 bios F8.

If someone can get a diff between the non working DSDT and the good one it can help a lot for us to solve the problem :)

To explain more one core is 100percent CPU with VMware or Parallels. Sometimes it is working but cant found why.

I've the same problem with X38-DQ6 + Q6600 bios F8.

If someone can get a diff between the non working DSDT and the good one it can help a lot for us to solve the problem :D

To explain more one core is 100percent CPU with VMware or Parallels. Sometimes it is working but cant found why.

I had the same problem with my EP35-DS4/7300GT/Q6600/NetGear GA311 and fixed it by creating the DSTD.aml from scratch.

1. I was lucky because I could start without DSDT.aml (based on Chameleon RC3). Ethernet ok.

2. com.apple.boot.plist device-properties created by using EFISTUDIO

3. Creation of new DSDT.aml using DSDT SE /iasl and addition of cmos fix (RTC)

4. Testing

5. Audio patch

6. ... other patches as necessary

-> vmware fusion 2.0.6 running stable on SL 10.6.1

Mine working like a charm on Ga p35 mobo

the only issue i am having is that when i installed the printer on VM using bootcamp it worked but when i run windows in native mode i can't use the printer or install it.

• 4 months later...

Cheers!

I had the same problem on a hack install that I moved from one machine to another(from a GA-P35-DS3P to a GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.6). Everything worked except for VMWare Fusion. It turns out the old DSDT.aml file from the previous install was conflicting somehow. After booting (Chameleon boot loader) with

DSDT=/None.file

I was able to bring up the VM w/o having it peg one of the CPUs in kernel mode (red bars in activity monitor). BTW I am running the FD bios revision with no problems.

GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.6 FD Bios, Q6600, 8GB ram, bios defaults, dual 8800 GTS cards using 3 screens