Desktop Pictures Omitted From Final Release of SL

ilash

2 posts in this topic

Dear All,

It has come to my attention that several outstanding desktop pictures that previously were included in the beta releases of SL have been omitted from the final SL release.

For example, in the "Patterns" folder that is contained within desktop pictures in the root library, we only have two choices under SL: Saree and Pinstripe. The beta included Camo, Silk and Tie-Dye, all of which I found to be delightful alternatives!

So, we can add those older beta patterns back if we like, but any ideas as to why they were omitted in the final version of SL?

I also noticed that two Black and white pictures, "Leaf" and Misty Mountains" were eliminated. The three graffitti pictures were canned, too, as was the Starry, Starry Night picture from the "Art" folder.

There may have been other pictures that did not make the transition from the beta to the final OS. I installed the SL final directly over the SL beta, so I can not be sure if there were other desktop photos that did not make the final cut as well.

Anyhow, I can understand why Apple nixed the Starry, Starry Night painting from the Art folder; f you've ever tried to find a folder on a desktop sporting that picture, it was really hard to find. No matter how much you like this photo, it doesn't lend itself well as a desktop background as its very busyness precludes its fitness for this purpose. But for the life of me, I can not fathom why Apple cut out some of the other desktop pictures as some, like the aforementioned patterns, were delightful and quite original.