I can't dualboot Windows 7 and Leopard

HD!

2 posts in this topic

I installed iatkos v7 successfully and when boot0:error came I restored my Windows partition using the repair DVD I made. My old OS came back as the main boot loader with Leopard as an OS installed in a partition but not registered in the bootloader. I got easybcd and added the osx86 mac loader to the selection and rebooted my PC.

When I select it there's an error saying Chain booting error. I don't know what to do but I've followed normal instructions but i'm stuck in dual booting. Can someone help me directly? Please don't link me to another article. I need help, not a refreshing. PLEASE ANSWER PROMPTLY than ignoring this thread.

Thanks

I installed iatkos v7 successfully and when boot0:error came I restored my Windows partition using the repair DVD I made. My old OS came back as the main boot loader with Leopard as an OS installed in a partition but not registered in the bootloader. I got easybcd and added the osx86 mac loader to the selection and rebooted my PC.

When I select it there's an error saying Chain booting error. I don't know what to do but I've followed normal instructions but i'm stuck in dual booting. Can someone help me directly? Please don't link me to another article. I need help, not a refreshing. PLEASE ANSWER PROMPTLY than ignoring this thread.

Thanks

Are you using Win7? If you are did you install on an already made partition or did you let the windows install disc make it's own partition? You have to make the NTFS partition with a tool like GParted Live CD BEFORE you install windows 7. Otherwise if you let Win7 format and install on it's own it actually creates a new partition specifically for the bootloader. Thats all fine and dandy except that easyBCD is meant for Vista and the bootloader editor has the entry for the OSx86 partition look in the wrong place. Until easyBCD is updated, this will be the case.

Completely format your HDD, create 2 brand new partitions, install Leopard on one, THEN install WIN7 on the freshly made NTFS partition, then edit the bootloader with easyBCD. It will work.

Hope this helps.