[HELP] Sapphire HD4850 1GB ddr3...tried everything....without drivers it works on standard :(

KingpinZero

5 posts in this topic

Ok guys,

first of all ive been lurking around for sooo long but just lately ive made up my mind.

Ive installed Windows 7 and i was thinking to have a dual boot with Mac Os X.

All went fine, ive mastered both dual boot and mac os installing but there is a problem related to my gfx card.

Its a Sapphire HD4850 ddr3 1gb PCI-E, connected using DVI-DVI with the nearest DVI port to the mobo.

My MOBO is a M2N-E Sli, 3gb of ram, onboard nforce LAN is fried, so i'm using an OLD Via Rhine 1 (DFE-500TX) that can be installed and configured but IT DOESNT WORK AT ALL, althought mac os says yes.

Ive did every possible test, ive followed to the letter every ati HD thread related, but still i end up at black screen or other problems.

To make things fast, heres what i did:

First Test:

1) Installed iatkos V7, tried also iDeneb 1.5.8 Lite (10.5.8)

2) Removed ATY,Motmot,Natit,ATI,NV and GeFo drivers using -s otherwise its a blackscreen

3) Booted the OS

4) Installed Radeon HD package

5) Installed Radeon HD Enabler

6) Rebooted, black screen and out of sync

Second Test:

2) Removed ATY,Motmot,Natit,ATI,NV and GeFo drivers using -s otherwise its a blackscreen

3) Booted the OS

5) Installed newer ATY_motmot driver

Third Test:

3) Booted the OS

5) Installed Natit No Powerplay

Fourth Test:

2) Removed all of the things reported in tests above (if i leave them its a black screen, at least removing them makes me able to boot)

3) Booted the OS

5) Installed Radeon HD Framebuffers contained in EAH4850 OSX Essentials.zip

6) Rebooted, BUT WAIT: now i see a grey screen with corrupted graphics; mouse pointer seems to be duplicated and corrupted over all the screen (its a stripe-like pattern)

Ive also did some tests mixing all the drivers together in this order:

- Radeon HD driver package;

- Radeon HD Enabler;

- Ati Motmot newer driver;

- Framebuffer patch;

- Rebooted, black screen, yeah!

Ok the fourth test has provided me better results; at least i can boot into osx without deleting or unistalling anything at all but still its a mess, corrupted gfx and sorta, i cant do anything because the only thing im aware of is that a corrupted mouse pointer.

So if anyone can address me to a possible solution ill be grateful for life....framebuffers at least DO SOMETHING but i dont understand how those works, how i can modify them or how i can check my card ones.

Also, why my Via Rhine I doesnt work (DFE-500TX)? It does perfectly under Windows 7. Both distros i tried have Via chipset drivers, Mac Os finds the card and install it, im even able to configure it and under network proprieties it says ENABLED but still i cant browse (you're not connected error etc etc...but the card is reported working? wtf?)

Please help me, im going mad :( AT LEAST i want just a better Monitor res since 1024x768 really hurts my eyes, is there a boot command or something like that to get a better res up?

Thanks to anyone who wants to help me out!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

guy,

Sorry for my bad english but

Try the follow

Install Ideneb 10.5.8

Remove ATY,Motmot,Natit,ATI,NV and GeFo drivers using -s otherwise

reboot with -f -v

Install Radeon HD package

Install Radeon HD Framebuffers contained in EAH4850 OSX Essentials.zip

You see its now "ebooted, BUT WAIT: now i see a grey screen with corrupted graphics; mouse pointer seems to be duplicated and corrupted over all the screen (its a stripe-like pattern)"

But try now the natit_no_powerplay

Maybe it works ;)

Wich kernel do you use?

What is your hardware?