Snow Leopard or Help me Install Snow Leopard

5 posts in this topic

Okay I need to take a second to vent here about something and I am hoping if I post in this sub-forum the people who need to might actually read this. In the last day I have come across numerous posts labeled "Snow Leopard," "Help me with Snow Leopard," or "How do I install Snow Leopard?"....Ladies and Gentleman if you hadn't already noticed a LOT of people are trying to install Snow Leopard right now. If you use these generic titles for your posts, not only are you highly unlikely to get a decent response but you are also going to cause such bloat that people who actually do try to search for their answers will have to read hundreds of ambiguously titled posts.

Think about it, which one of these titles is more likely to get you a good answer?

Topic Title: Snow Leopard

Topic Description: Can't install Snow Leopard

or

Topic Title: Snow Leopard reboots after install

Topic Description: Kernel panic when loading <insert name here>.kext

For those really thick headed people the answer is choice two. Be specific and explain exactly what you are trying to figure out right in your post title and description. If we all cooperate and do this maybe someone will only have to give an answer once rather then replying to twenty different generic posts.

i'd like to second this, there's been times when i needed help, and i would only post on a forum if tiresome levels of search came up with nothing, but people for snow leopard are literally just joining and expecting some sort of service to be handed to them, most of us figured this out with massive amounts of trial and error, and 234923083402 people posting the same retarded b.s. isn't gonna further this community, i'm all for helping, but when people post questions about stuff that is very clearly already here, it needs to be removed...

i'd like to second this, there's been times when i needed help, and i would only post on a forum if tiresome levels of search came up with nothing, but people for snow leopard are literally just joining and expecting some sort of service to be handed to them, most of us figured this out with massive amounts of trial and error, and 234923083402 people posting the same retarded b.s. isn't gonna further this community, i'm all for helping, but when people post questions about stuff that is very clearly already here, it needs to be removed...

Its a kind off hybrid disorder. The people are not reading much and the filtering is kinda hard. Its kind of difficult, but special thanks to the ones making this site possible. This is where ive found all my OS X answers (with a bit of effort).

All that is said is true but one must remember alot of people are excited and want SL real bad so i think for the people askin how to install SL they should be told to first go and try leopard or tiger so they can understand the os before moving on to SL i have SL installed and working properly but that is because of alot of trial and error like alot of others so for the Anxious ones try regular leopard from a distro first.

I agree, one of my biggest pet peeves is when someone here posts about a problem, especially a KP, that they don't even know how describe. It's impossible to solve something you don't understand!

That's why I took the time to write a guide detailing how I got SL to work on my GA EP45-UD3R, because I went through plenty of trouble over the last day or two and don't mind helping a noob or two solve their conflicts without more "I Can't Do It!" posts.

Then again, this technically isn't the right section unless you have installation questions/information yourself lol