Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Install OSX on Asus P5K

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,  :wacko:

First, let me say that I tried as much as I could, I just did not find answers to my questions.

I have a PC with the following characteristics.

MB: AsusP5k (Basic Model, not the Pro one)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.00GHz

GPU:Nvidia GeForce 8800Gts 512

RAM:  G.Skill 2x2 Go DDR2-800MHz (PC6400)

DVD:PioneerDVR-215D - Sata

HDD:Seagate(Maxtor)500Gb - Sata

I would like to install OSX on this configuration.  ;)

Being a noob with those terms, I'm not sure which version to choose, what kind of partition to create (NTFS, FAT32). I only ask small indications. 

I'll only have OSX, no more Windows, so no dualboot. Will I have to format my Data partition too to make it the same type as the one where my OS is installed? (By type, I mean NTFS, FAT...)

With 4Gb of ram, should I install a 64bit OSX like I'm doing for the moment with Windows,or this notion does not exist on Mac? 

If it is formatted in FAT32, will I be able to use bigger files than 4GB ?

What about updates? 

So, those with a similar PC, how did you manage  to install OSX? Of course, these questions are addressed to all those who can help me step by step.

PS:Sorry for my bad English, I hope You'll understand me, I'm from Belgium and we only have 4h of English a week at school. If you don't understand something, tell me, I'll try explain you.  :(