How to install Snow Leopard on MSI X58

guizmo2501

5 posts in this topic

Hi i need help with the installation of the Mac Os X Snow Leopard RTM , i download the dmg image, using the iAtkos disck i restore the DMG image in a partition, now i need a guide, mi components are:

MSI X58 pro

i7 920 2.66

DDR3 4Gb

SataII 280

Gforce 9400 Gt 1G

i try many times, but nothing can help me, im post in others ocations and others lenguages but noting, if any know how i apreciate this

tk

you could start by saying specifically what you need help with. I would follow one of the guides for an x58 system... I followed/looked at these two to get mine working:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=172548

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1234103

try to read up alot before you start and understand everything. There is a script for x58 systems here:

http://www.snowx86.com/downloads/

its the one at the bottom that says x58*somethin somethin patch .nl.zip*

ok thanks to reply quickly, first my english is to bad, and second, i see many tutorials for x58 boards like ASUS or GIGABYTE but nothing to MSI X58, so tath is my conflict, because the kexts an the boot 132 configuration isn't work fine, i have no experience with this just need a step by step guide to learn and contribute to the forum

ok thanks to reply quickly, first my english is to bad, and second, i see many tutorials for x58 boards like ASUS or GIGABYTE but nothing to MSI X58, so tath is my conflict, because the kexts an the boot 132 configuration isn't work fine, i have no experience with this just need a step by step guide to learn and contribute to the forum

Hi, you're right about there isn't any guide specifically for a MSI X58!!

I have a MSI Pro-E and the only close thing that I've found was related to a MSI WIND...

I have a iAktos v1.5.8 installed in a external USB HD, but after install and while doing the first boot it stops loading just after the message ""using 9175 buffer headers and 4096 cluster buffer IO headers", which apparently is a DSDT problem of not correctly identifying the right hardware for our motherboard.

I've searched a lot but could not find anything "easy to use" to try to boot Mac OS X in this MB, and now 10.6 Snow Leopard is about to be released ...

We definitely need some sort of beginners guide oriented into this MB from MSI.

Just my two cents ...

Cheers,

Paulo

you likely don't need a guide just for your motherboard specifically. Theres not a guide for my motherboard specifically, but i followed the advice for various x58 systems and got it working... you have to realize that even though all motherboards are different, a lot of them use similar chipsets. your x58 has a good chance of being compatible since there aren't a lot of options out yet