boot-132 coasters anyone?

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys & gals

I've been outta the hackintosh game for a bit here. I've been up and running w/kalyway and/or ideneb for a while and have lost touch with all the new developments. I've been able to get a boot 132 retail install to work, except my wifi would have to be reloaded everytime i restarted. So basically, Im outta the loop.

I'm trying to do the retail install w/boot 132, but haven't been able to get it to load.

I've made about 7 or 8 boot-132 coasters lol. If anyone's interested, i'll post em on ebay. J/k

Anyways, I get to the loader, choose my flash drive which i've restored the Snow Leopard install DVD to, it blinks and the cursor spins twice, then stops and just blinks. I've left it there for a couple of hours just incase but nothing happened.

Im trying to do this on an HP DV6835

Core2Duo 1.83

Intel ICH8-M AHC

Intel GMA X3100

3GB ram

320 WD 7200rpm

Not sure what kexts to load, I've downloaded the latest Snow Leopard stuff from netkas and various other sources.

So Far I've tried the folowing kexts in the picture below.

Im not sure if I need to ad the leo kernel from 10.5.6 which is where im at right now. or if I need to build a DSDT.aml which always seems to fail. or what else to do from there. any direction would be great. I've googled everywhere and there is no definitive guide to boot 132 for Snow leopard Anywhere.

Thanks

p.s. Im using slimbuild to make the disks if that matters.

post-477158-1251368796_thumb.jpg

If you used both dsmos.kext and fakeSMC at same time it might not be a good idea. netkas himself says on his sight under the fakesmc post that dsmos needs to be taken away, adn ther eis no need for dsmos if you use fakeSMC. So remove the DSMOS atleast. Not sure it will help you anyhow since it seems that Boot-132 has a problem booting with AHCI which you basicly need if I have understood it right 8 I am a noob not a guru :( ) when installing SL. But try to remove the DSDT.kext atleast and then see if that will help, use the FakeSMC atleast though.

I've gotten the Install dvd to boot and the installation worked just fine using boot-132. but i'm working out some kinks in getting the hard disk to fully boot after install. will update later when i get to try out some theories.

try booting w/ -v -x32 for first boot. I've heard that works for some people.

What are your specs and what did you put on your boot 132 disk as far as kernels, kexts, etc?

afaik boot132 is not compatible to snow leo...

+1 normally.... it can be done though with charmeleon CD boot...

Also, to boot snow almost always a patched DSDT.aml is needed...

To install snow, you use leo and install from there and do patching in there... when you are done, the bootloader, kexts, strings are all done and snow would be working normally... (with a damn big amount of luck)

It took me 9-12 goes to get snow working on my sig rig using method mentioned above

used hidden efi hfs+ partition. worked though.

Chameleon 2.0 RC2 r640

google it

replace boot file

boot.zip

theses kexts in extra/extensions/

Kexts.zip

i didnt need the -x32 flag

I'm testing right now if PlatformUUID.kext and a patched DSDT.aml with cmos fix is necessary

its going to take a while, have to install snow again to a dif partition.

I booted the dvd and installed from there so this is a workaround to the install through leopard.

UPDATE

Works no DSDT.aml or PlatformUUID.kext needed.

-all you need to do is install Chameleon 2.0 RC2

-replace the boot file with the one attached

-add the extensions to extra/extensions

-boot dvd and install. everything works fine.

really simple, its weird

Thanks everyone. Im posting from Snow Leopard right now. I found a couple of other how-to's over on infinitemac.com that helped walk me through it too. It took some doing, but I got my wifi up and running by adding my dev id to the io80211family.kext which i really didn't wanna do. cuz now i'll have to do that everytime there is an airport update, im sure. The only other question is when I booted up the first couple of times, my graphics worked perfectly, but i didn't have any mouse. I added Apple.ACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext to my mkext in Extra and thats when it happend. I had to ad them for my laptop keyboard and trackpad to work. It's and intel GMAX3100 so i know it's compatible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again