Sony VGN-CR21S mac.. loading.. blue screen and...

zYx

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to install iPC OSx86 (liveDVD) 10.5.6 on my girlfriend's Sony Vaio VGN-CR21S with therese parameters:

Core 2 Duo T7250 / 2 GHz - Centrino Duo - RAM 2 GB - HDD 160 GB - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - GMA X3100 - WLAN: 3945ABG, Bluetooth 2.0 EDR - 14.1" Widescreen TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

I've installed it, it's loading, blue screen comes up ans then this hard to explain screen, like something went wrong with the lcd.

dsc02088dat.jpg

When I tried to run the system from live dvd it didn't work. So I tried to install it on the hard drive, but this awkward screen comes up. Now I tried to run the system from livedvd and it's loading fine. The system started fine.

I am new to this as previously tried to install 10.4.7 on my old DELL M2010 without success.

Could I ask for some help please? ;)  

Thanks in advance

I'm trying to install iPC OSx86 (liveDVD) 10.5.6 on my girlfriend's Sony Vaio VGN-CR21S with therese parameters:

Core 2 Duo T7250 / 2 GHz - Centrino Duo - RAM 2 GB - HDD 160 GB - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM - GMA X3100 - WLAN: 3945ABG, Bluetooth 2.0 EDR - 14.1" Widescreen TFT 1280 x 800 ( WXGA )

I've installed it, it's loading, blue screen comes up ans then this hard to explain screen, like something went wrong with the lcd.

Thanks in advance

(fyi, i am posting this from my shiny new "Sony Vaio/MacBook" :D

I had this problem myself with a sony vaio VGN-NR430E - spent 3 days working on it.

finally, i solved it by not loading any VGA drivers during install.

here's what I did.

iAtkos v7 10.5.7

under "customization" I left everything as it was and only added two changes

added Apple PS/2

added Intel SATA

Do not choose any VGA Driver, leave it blank... this was the main problem for me. good luck!!

also, i had to edit the IONetworkingFamily.kext ---> AppleYukon2.kext plugin to make my ethernet work with device and vendor id

If you want to stick with iPC 10.5.6, you will have to boot into safe mode using -x the first time it loads. then use a program called "switchresx" to make some custom settings. but you might always have to boot into safe mode.. i never got it to work any other way :thumbsup_anim: