Shipping delay in Shanghai/Pudong Airport

27 posts in this topic

Hi y'all,

I am waiting for my MacBook which I ordered on release day. I am still within the delivery time, but my order is having some delays according to TNT.

I rang them, and they said that they wait for a certain number of orders to arrive before shipping out. This is the cause of the delay.

So to put any awaiting owners minds at ease, I thought I'd post the reason. :angel:

Rich :hysterical:

Cheers for that, mine is also sitting waiting with yours. :)

I wonder how long the delay will be - surely there are a lot of people ordering MacBooks ?

21 May 2006 08:00 Pudong International Airport Potential Connection Delay

Obv not enough comming to europe. Im sick of seeing that screen now. Ive never been to pudong in my life - and thanks to that screen - I NEVER WILL!!!!!

:thumbsdown_anim:

i think most people are more than happy to leave china :poster_oops:

Mine still reports as being in a hub in Northhampton. I was meant to get it tomorrow but as I live in Scotland I think doubt i'll get it. More likely Wed/Thur. :graduated:

I must admit i'm a bit hacked off with Apple/TNT. If PC world sold 'em I would cancel and pick one up straight from there.

Shame, I would have bought on from Apple Store in Regent Street but alas they did not have any in stock, Apple shipped the MacBook 2 days after order so cant complain there (and this stoped me cancelling too) its just taken TNT ages to ship it because they waiting for a large order before leaving Pudong.

Mines sat in Northampton right now. So I'm wondering how its going to get here overnight. My estimated delivery is......... TOMORROW. I think that there is a fat chance of that happening.

But this all raises a good point. How can apple say that a Laptop takes 2 full weeks to arrive from china/pudong/where-ever. If I order a dell - 3 working days. Thats significantly different to Apple's methods. They should reconsider who they ship with, cos I think 2 weeks is just not on.

Anway, I'll end the rant there, but surfice to say - I only ordered through the Online store for the discount. £831 for a 2GHz White with 1gb RAM aint bad.

My bad. Mumbai is def in India :D

I dont think that TNT show the movement from/to of its intenal offices. Since mine was Recved at Northhampton after being Recved at Arnhem - no mention of it being moved between.

so maybe its moving to the local offices as we type, if not then it will be Wednesday :)

Apple should consider FedEx/UPS/DHL etc - TNT just arnt fast enough.