[AMD] Installing Snow Leopard 10A432 on AMD System

arya

182 posts in this topic

I've installed Snow on my system:

Phenom II 720

Asrock A790gmh/128

4gb DDR2 1066

ATI 2600pro

Everything seems to worl well apart of graphics card and audio.

how did you get it even to boot?

i have the same hardware almost

a 720 Phenom II x3 2.8ghz

a 790gx chipset

and 2 gb of ddr3

and how did you manage to make the dsdt.aml?

Hello There!

Thank you for this guide, I followed it, then restarted my computer, but unfortunately when I'm in the Boot Selection, I am not able to boot Snow volume because that's not in the list (I had a dual boot 10.5.6 & Windows 7... so Win 7 and the old macintosh is bootable). Surely I {censored}ed up something :( I'd tried both GUID Partition and MasterBoot... not working...

If anyone could help me, I would be glad :)

Hello There!

Thank you for this guide, I followed it, then restarted my computer, but unfortunately when I'm in the Boot Selection, I am not able to boot Snow volume because that's not in the list (I had a dual boot 10.5.6 & Windows 7... so Win 7 and the old macintosh is bootable). Surely I {censored}ed up something :) I'd tried both GUID Partition and MasterBoot... not working...

If anyone could help me, I would be glad :)

It sounds like you are never making it to Chameleon and are stuck in the Windows boot selection. If you have Snow on a different hard drive than your windows installation and can select the disk to boot from in your bios, try that and boot from the drive that has Snow on it. If you have Snow on the same disk as other OS's, you can add a boot selection for Snow using EasyBCD in Windows. But since you already have Leopard 10.5.6 on your computer, make sure you are not using the bootloader for that partition because it will not boot Snow. You have to boot Snow from the bootloader on that partition.

Anybody got this working on a AMD SSE2 system ?

Do I have to wait for different kernel ?

I have followed the steps but my boot stops at

"waiting for dsmos" => Freeze after this & hard disk powers down.

You will need to wait until the xnu sources are released and voodoo or another team can code sse2 emulation into the kernel.

NoGo on an Asus M2A32-MVP.

Hi - did the installation on a clean disk (with chameleon RC2.640, replaced "boot", and test7-kernel).

Very early I get:

**/dev/rdisk0s3

Can't initialize disk cache

/dev/rdisk0s3 (hfs) EXITED WITH SIGNAL 8

I get the same error when I boot into single user and do a "fsck".

Mobo: Asus M2A32-MVP de luxe (SB600)

10.5.6 is running fine here.....

any idea - apart from "switch to Intel" (which I might do sooner or later..)

G.H.

I get "Can't initialize disk cache" and "EXITED WITH SIGNAL 8" when booting with "-s -x32". Same motherboard. You can google around only to arrive to this thread. No answers here either (yet). 

well i just force compiled it and going to try booting again :angel:

I ended up deleting my dsdt.aml file and Snow booted up. Now that I have Snow running, I'll try to create a dsdt.aml file within Snow.

My system just halts at AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timed out no matter what I try. Tried different kexts and have put my patched dsdt.aml in the root of my drive but all I get is that god damn time out. And no, it does not boot in to Snow after a couple of minutes, it just halts right there.

Try deleting your dsdt.aml file and see if it will boot. Mine did. Mine was hanging just like yours and it turned out it was the dsdt.aml file I had force compiled.

Search DSDT in the search box...... you will find a windows app and a mac app.

Note: not all motherboards are compatible.

Yeah i found them both, the windows app dosen't support my type of bios and the nix doesn't seam to work, since i can't ever get past the same boring KP on the first boot.

This time it worked for me as well, using your kexts. Lacking sata /on board sound card.

Later edit

Got sound to work with voodoohda and sata sort off (used AppleNForceATA),it fails often, (ntfs) partitions on my sata hdd just get unmounted,the real issue is still the dsdt.aml, im u using the GUI patcher btw, it no error but a warning, thing is...every time i reboot from SL pc gets stuck and have to reset CMOS ><

This time it worked for me as well, using your kexts. Lacking sata /on board sound card.

Later edit

Got sound to work with voodoohda and sata sort off (used AppleNForceATA),it fails often, (ntfs) partitions on my sata hdd just get unmounted,the real issue is still the dsdt.aml, im u using the GUI patcher btw, it no error but a warning, thing is...every time i reboot from SL pc gets stuck and have to reset CMOS ><

you need to patch your dsdt.aml to fix cmos problem google for it or u can use this :

Length should be changed to 0x02, its normally 0x04.

Device (RTC)
{
 Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
 Name (_CRS, ResourceTemplate ()
 {
 IO (Decode16,
 0x0070,			 // Range Minimum
 0x0070,			 // Range Maximum
 0x00,			   // Alignment
 0x02,			   // Length   <<--- the original is 0x04 or 0x08 just change this one to 0x02
 )
  })
}

you can try http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2mnxd0j44mf for apple nforce ata...