• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
charlienail

p35ds3 and snow leo on jmicron ide

3 posts in this topic

so i've been running leopard off of ide drives attached to the ide controller of my gigabyte ds3l because my 4 sata ports are being used by an uber zfs raidz array that keeps my video collection safe.

i was very happy to see work is still being done on this kext when it got updated for 64 bit addressing and i could go past 4gb of ram.

has anyone got their ide (pata) drives attached to the jmicron on their p35ds3 recognised on 10.6?

i don't care if i need to run the 32 bit kernel

Advertisement

it does work fine! need the -x32 boot flag (32 bit kernel)

but i'm getting kernel panics. i don't think these are related to the ones that others have been getting

i think it's the good old more than 4gb of ram problem that the jmicron kext has already gone through.

can anyone else with more than 4gb of ram and jmicron controller confirm? crashes when your used memory goes past 4gigs (i have six)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Hello! In my signature system the program does not show the life of the hard drives but only that of the ssd.   High Sierra 10.13.4
    • hello   try this one   DSDT.aml.zip   for graphics and backlight are needed ssdt files   good hack
    • Non ti ho messo io quelle impostazioni I sul config.. Poi aggiorna i kext.. 
    • So, i am thinking about pubblishing the stable release of tinu 2.0, just with a few minor chenges from the last pre-release, and to focus my work on the next one, i have just chenged a couple of UI things for the stable release and add a warning message if you try to use a time machine disk as a target drive to create the macOS install media, for the release that will come after the stable 2.0 release (and maybe also after a bug fix release for the 2.0 if needed) i am trying to use the system apis to manage the tasks which needs special priviladges to be executed, instead of the "sudo" based system which i am using now, this will make the application more secure and reliable, and also you will have to do the authentication only one time, when creating an install media, and using this system maybe i can also pubblish the application on the app store (obviusly just a limited version for mac users, but a version with all the features unlocked will be always available outside the app store and will have all the hackintosh-friendly features as well). But to do that i need to re-write a large amount of code into the app, because all the tasks which needs special permitions needs to be re-implemented differently, so that's why i do not want to use this in the 2.0 release, so because i am going to finish with tinu 2.0 tell me every complain or problem you are having with the latest pre-release or the latest release of tinu, so i can work on that before releaseing the stable 2.0 version
    • here it is,
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_FwNFczk4CdIfiIQ-T1pX_LY1takRuny/view?usp=sharing