10.5.8 upgrade from iAtkos v7 on Intel DX58SO

macos10.11.6

17 posts in this topic

Downloaded and installed osx update 10.5.8 via Software Update. Failed to boot after restart. Simply put iAtkos install disc in, selected same install fixes as when I initially installed 10.5.7, installed them, rebooted into osx. Ethernet, sound working.

iAtkos v7 Install Fixes;

dsmos

disabler

delete tymce

ahci

voodooHDA

nvenabler

nv gt200

Intel Gigabit

(no post-install actions as this was a driver-only install, made sure nothing else was selected too)

Please respond if there is simpler way to do this next time. (Still, this was pretty easy and worked on the first try, unlike figuring out fixes for initial install)

Hope this helps other smackover users!

post-390360-1251092567_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Downloaded and installed osx update 10.5.8 via Software Update. Failed to boot after restart. Simply put iAtkos install disc in, selected same install fixes as when I initially installed 10.5.7, installed them, rebooted into osx. Ethernet, sound working.

iAtkos v7 Install Fixes;

dsmos

disabler

delete tymce

ahci

voodooHDA

nvenabler

nv gt200

Intel Gigabit

(no post-install actions as this was a driver-only install, made sure nothing else was selected too)

Please respond if there is simpler way to do this next time. (Still, this was pretty easy and worked on the first try, unlike figuring out fixes for initial install)

Just like that??? only need v 7 disc??? noo need anything else???

Just like that??? only need v 7 disc??? noo need anything else???

Yes. Once v7 is installed you can get the 10.5.8 update through ->Apple->Software Update, Install update. I think the update messes up the first install since my machine wouldn't boot after updating. All I did was re-install the driver fixes from the v7 disc, and presto! My system is down right now though because of a hardware failure, nothing related to osx86. If your hardware differs from mine then you might need different driver fixes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sooo, after i update and my computer fails to reboot to the os, i reset and insert the v7 disc, i install all over again like when i first installed v7, except this time i wont delete or format anything. and i will boot into 10.5.8?

Sooo, after i update and my computer fails to reboot to the os, i reset and insert the v7 disc, i install all over again like when i first installed v7, except this time i wont delete or format anything. and i will boot into 10.5.8?

Sort of... after updating through apple update, you pop the iatkos v7 disc in, reboot into the dvd, and install again but differently (ie: a driver-only install, this is described in the iatkos readme on the dvd if you scroll way down, i think its under the heading "optional installs".) This time uncheck the kernel and basic install packages (i think its the top two lines in "customize" box.) because you wont do a full install of 10.5.7, just want to install the fixes from the 10.5.7 disc. So on the iAtkos customize your install screen basically uncheck everything, then go through the driver fixes and only check the fixes/injectors you needed to get 10.5.7 running in the first place oh and also uncheck the last check box (forget what its called but its not needed for driver-only installs, just read the descriptions of each check box if you're unsure.)

You might need to repair permissions afterwards but I never had to. Like I said before, if you apply all the fixes you used to get 10.5.7 working after updating to 10.5.8, then there's a good chance it will work. This assumes you had a fully working 10.5.7 in the first place...

Hope I've explained this clearly!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is an odd one for me, but I just updated my 10.5.7 and upon first boot everything looked ok, then it failed. I someway messed it up. I reloaded 10.5.7 and then immediately updated and I didn't even need to reinstall anything and it worked. I used iATKOS v7 as well. Broke my sound and sleep, but got those sorted out eventually.

Fantastic, I am working on an Intel Centrino Core solo, and everything is working perfectly after the software update. I just followed the wonderful advice written above, reloaded the drivers and now everything is working top notch. Now to figure out how to get the Intel wireless card to work.. thoughts anyone?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

iAtkos v7 Install Fixes;

dsmos

disabler

delete tymce

ahci

voodooHDA

nvenabler

nv gt200

Intel Gigabit

Thanks !!!... I'll try

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Shouldn't backing up all the kexts and then reintalling them before rebooting (just like ###### does on 10.6+) work? Just asking because I can't remember every choice I made when installing it to my Acer TravelMate 2490 :)

"######" is the installation method from Tony Mac x86 for hackintoshes -> after you update, you run it, choose fixes, and you're done. For some reason, I don't see the name of it even though I've written it correctly.