Intel GMA950 Problem

lotrkev

2 posts in this topic

Hey,

I have an Intel GMA950 integrated graphics card on my computer. I use Kalyway 10.5.2 but updated it to 10.5.8 with voodoo 9.5 kernel. Before, on 10.5.2, the provided driver had worked (and I could change resolutions). But now, the driver ruined the install and it was difficult to undo. I have tried most of the solutions in the forums that I could find...but no luck. The only problem is that I would love to change resolutions! please! Then I will be content and begin to use my Hachintosh. I just cant stand the 1024x768 resolution! whick is the only one :)

Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

EDIT

I get an error message when I try to place the "AppleIntelGMA950.kext" file in the /System/Library/Extensions folder stating that the system extension cannot be used because it was installed improperly. But then when I use the terminal and kextload, it still says that error message. So maybe that driver (that came with Kalyway 10.5.2) isnt compatible with the Voodoo 9.5 kernel and 10.5.8. Is there any way to fix this?? I have tried kext after kexts but nothing works.

• 2 months later...

not sure if you got this fixed but try this.

open terminal and and type the following

sudo su

<password> (this being your password for your account)

1. cd /
2. cd /system/library/extensions/
3. chmod -R 755 AppleIntelGMA950.kext
4. chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelGMA950.kext
5. chmod -R 755 AppleIntelIntegratedframeBuffer.kext
6. chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelIntegratedframeBuffer.kext

then restart your computer and it should hopefully fix your issue.