The Future for Mac OSX86

12 posts in this topic

Ok so here we go. Mac OSX86 is in our possession, but it's just not an option for a normal unexperienced pc user, who wants to change from Windows/linux to mac osx86. Mac OSX86 is by far the best OS for experienced and unexperienced users as it is the most user-friendly system which is based on UNIX. A system which offers a total solution for viruses, adware, spyware and all other uncomfortable things which normal pc users have been dealing with.

So what's wrong with Mac OSX 86 right now ?

3 major things : Installation , games , 3d acceleration.

Installation: The guides which have been uploaded on the Mac OSX project homepage are simply to advanced. And let me tell you, there doesn't exist and will not exit a guide which will be user-friendly enough for a total unexperienced pc user. An installation which uses Unix commands, VMWare, UltraISO, Darwin and PearPC is by far not an option for 99% of the pc users. Yes i know that there is an dd command installation method, but this one doesn't always work and uses UNIX commands which no unexpericened user want to use. Most unexpericened users look at the guides until they see the unix commands - after that, they simply give up.

THE SOLUTION: ONE CLICK INSTALLER - by boot or directly from windows.

Simply make one downloadable file which can be put on a DVD . After that the user should either boot from it or press the installation icon on the DVD to install mac osx86 - THAT'S WHAT WE NEED.

Games: Most pc users want to play games, after all they have access to all of them. So dual booting is here the solution.

3d acceleration: Well we need to get hardware 3d acceleration on mac osx86 as many native features uses it. And it isn't possible even to use mac games on mac osx86 as they of cause use 3d acceleration. So we need to fix this as fast as possible for ATI and nVidea cards.

Also Java would be nice to get running.

WHY SHOULD YOU FIX THOSE ERRORS:

Well Longhorn hasn't been released jet, which means we have a major advantage. Mac OSX86 already contains the same features as longhorn and it is more secure and stable. Also it doesn't have all of Microsoft's {censored} in it. We do not want a OS which suddenly finds out it doesn't want to support Microsoft unauthorized video codecs, openGL and so on.... The computer is ours and nobody should take over the control of it. And Mac OSX86 just simply WORKS and doesn't crash. And come on, all what the Linux users wanted in the first place is UNIX so here you go, know you can finally get it.

All those advantages we should use and not wast our time. Make it work.

Mac OSX86 has a very promising future, and the potentials of this system are as far reaching as can be imagined, especially with dual booting. Basically MAC OSX86 could rule the pc world, simply because it is a BETTER system.

if you really feel that strongly about wanting to use OSX then either wait for the intel macs or go buy a Mac mini.

Yes it would be nice to have a generic version that will load onto any computer but it is a hardware thing. I would love to be able to use it on my AMD XP but that is not going to happen no matter what self booting img is made.

So should I spend the money to upgrade my CPU and MOBO or just wait and buy the real thing?

Dude, this is by no means meant for your average joe. Until (if) Apple ever officially releases it to the public for generic hardware (non-Apple), it will continue to be nothing more than a hack. You cannot expect it to be easy to install for the casual user, BECAUSE IT IS NOT AN OFFICIAL PRODUCT.

So what's wrong with Mac OSX 86 right now ?

3 major things : Installation , games , 3d acceleration.

More like Installation, sound, and 3d acceleration =)

Heck, I don't need 3D, how about just getting standardized ATI/Nvid drivers to make use of the hardware and video RAM =)

There are just no drivers for the various video cards, nics, sound cards, wireless cards etc...None. Zero. Nada. Period. Did you really expect Apple to magically provide all these drivers when all they had to support was one configuration (Dev Machine)?

I think not.

If they were to release a version for generic hardware, would most of these drivers be included?

Hell yes!

People seem to think that i wrote this because i can't figure out to install mac osx86.

SORRY I have a iBook g4, Mac Mini, Powerbook Ti G4 and a Amd 64 (Venice) all running mac osx/osx86 .

So as you see I am in no need for mac osx. I used the PearPc, VmWare, Darwin method to install mac osx86 on my Amd. So I am not just a average joe who can't figure out to install mac osx.

I WROTE THIS: because i want Mac osx86 to get much more popular than it already is, I want mac osx86 to be accessible to the people, not just us hackers/geeks.

And just because it is not a official release doesn't mean that you cannot make a one click installer.

No one was suggesting you were having installation problems. It is more along the lines of, this is not an official product so it will never be easily accessible to the general public. And on top of that, there is already a "one click" installer using the patched DVD...

We could make it easy to install and even sell patched DVDs, but we'd get either arrested or sued instantly. Trust me, Apple is not lenient on people who leak stuff they're selling. We haven't been shut down yet, but when the first Intel Mac comes out, then maybe... (I really hate the Mactel name; it doesn't fit as well as Wintel or Lintel)

(by the way, what kind of person is inexperienced and runs Linux? :unsure: )

Yeah, I guess you have a point there.

I'll just reiterate:

The patched Dev DVD may be easy to install with, but it's hardly an option unless we patch it further with a VESA resolution app and remove the video drivers. Again, once APple starts selling these things, we're dead.