Guide to install mac os x on acer aspire one d250

vjrngn123

76 posts in this topic

hey guys,vjrngn123 here. i have an acer aspire one d250. i recently installed iAtkos v7(10.5.7) on it,and it works very well,the only problem is, everytime i try to boot it up(in normal mode) it gives me a kernel panic. but it works fine in safe mode,but in safe mode there is no audio or any effects,nothing. i was wondering if any of you could help me out. i followed a "HOW-TO"guide i found on google on how to install mac os x on the d150, thinking that both(d150 and d250) are the same anyway. i saw quite a few videos on youtube and all of them have it installed on the d150 and none of them have it on the d250. so, please help me out. if you can, please provide a "HOW-TO" guide as well. thanks,in anticipation.

hey guys, its me again. First off, i am in no way condoning or promoting the use of mac os x on non apple computers. this is purely for testing purposes only. This is a great OS and i suggest all of you buy a copy.

i've tried to install iAtkos v7 too many times and it just isn't working out for me,so, i decided to try another distro---iDENEB v1.4 10.5.6 . this baby is just amazing!!! it runs great in thr aao d250. this post is to help all those mac lovers out there to install hackintosh on the d250. so here we go:

first of all , donwload iDeneb v1.4 from somewhere(where you get it is not my problem)[try some torrent sites]

burn the image onto a dvd[using external dvd drive]. reboot your acer and hit f12 in the bios menu and select your external dvd drive.

Next, on the darwin screen,hit enter. wait for it to load up(this will take some time,about 5-10 mins,so be patient).

after it loads up,select your language and continue. at the next screen, go to disk utilities. select the partition where you want to install the os and format it as mac os extended(journaled).After its done,quit the disk utility.

Hit Continue.

now,this is the main part. Select the disk that you just erased as mac os extended(journaled) and hit continue. now click on "Customize". In the list , select the following:(X-Drop down menu, *-Select):

X Patches 10.5.6 ready

X Alternate Essential Patch

* ACPI kext 10.5.6

X PS2 Fix for ACPI kext 10.5.6(choose any one)

* PS2 Fix Mouse

X Audio

* Apple Azalia Audio

X Chipset

* ICHx Fixed

X Kernel

* Kernel 9.5.0 Voodoo

X Network

X Ethernet

* AttansicL1

X Wireless

* Atheros AR5007(can try atheros wifi adapter or broadcom too)

X Fix

* Cpus=1-Fix

* Battery Manager

X System Utilities(Don't Select)

X Video

X Intel

* Intel GMA950

X Applications (choose which ever you want, but these are the one I chose. Kext helper and OSX86 tools are important)

* Adium

* Kexthelperb7

* OSX86 tools

* Pacifist

After selecting the above, click install. You can skip through the disk checking process. The whole installation process will take about 30 mins. Once the installation is complete, at the darwin boot screen,hit space and enter "-f"(without the quotes.) and hit enter.*You only have to do this the first time.

AND THATS IT!!!! You now have Mac os X on your acer aspire one d250. The resolution will be 800x600. For 1024X600 resolution, load the gma950 kexts from iAtkos v7. Those of you who have it are lucky, those who don't, well, download it..LOL... Please reply or post a message if this helped. For the DWA-110 to work(ie USB Wireless dongle) install RT2500 kext.

How would I go about installing those gma950 kexts from iAtkos? I have the disk, I just don't know where to get those kexts or how to install them.

oh im sorry i dint post that. u need to install a program called pacifist. then insert your iAtkos dvd. open up pacifist on click "open apple install discs" and select the iAtkos DVD. After it loads up(wait for a while,it could take some time), go into Drivers and extract the contents of intel GMA950x(or something like that,ull be able to no).Just extract the whole folder. Next, open up kexthelperb7(u should have installed it during the installation,if not same procedure for that also). Next,drag the contents of the extracted folder(GMA950) into kext helper. Next, enter your root password and click install. After it is done, restart your computer. And thats it. It should work!!!

PS: Please post whether the install was a success.

Nevermind, figured it out. Why is only one core recognized in "About this Mac"?

Because the intel atom n280 is single core but has 2 processors. Google it,u can read about it

im sorry i have no idea. im trying to find a solution for that. if i find it ill post it. or if u find it first please post it. the internal mic too doesnt work...soo... there are a few things im tryin to get those to work..

thanks vjrngn123, you have been very helpful. your guide was sucesfully installed on first try and I am still playing around I know some topics are not working but the core it is. i hope you can get information to repair some of the topics that not working.

thank you and have a nice day

Hi fellow D250 owners.

Following this thread I did this:

Upon boot, keyboard and touchpad work...(Note: in iDeneb 1.5 they don't)

At the Darwin screen>select your language

Continue

From the menu select disk utilities>partition and choose where you want to install OSX and format it as mac os extended (journaled). I always name mine with a single short word like OSX as this makes life easier when you are in Terminal =)

Quit the disk utility.

Continue.

Select the target disk

Continue.

Click Customize

Select these

* Patches 10.5.6 ready

* Alternate Essential Patch

ACPI kext 10.5.6

* PS2 Fix for ACPI kext 10.5.6

PS2 Fix Mouse

* Audio

Apple Azalia Audio

* Chipset

ICHx Fixed

* Kernel

Kernel 9.5.0 Voodoo

* Network

* Ethernet

* Wireless

* Fix

Cpus=1-Fix

Battery Manager

Seatbelt fix

* System Utilities

* Video

Intel

Intel GMA950

* Applications

Done

Install

Skip disk checking

Once the installation is complete, at the darwin boot screen, hit space and enter -f.

First time it booted it stalled after the selection of the user picture so I rebooted. Next time it rebooted fine and has done so ever since.

Install GMA950 package which Colonel uploaded (double click) reboot

Install osx86tools, run and enable quartz - reboot

Open osx86tools again and select boot flags. The line already has:

cpus=1 make it cpus=1 ForceWake=y

Reboot

At this point the ethernet doesn't work. I am not aware of *any* working driver for the Attansic chip (1969:1062) so that is why I didn't install one at the customize menu. So got a Linksys USB200M for $10 from ebay. Setup network automatically. I also added the USBAx8817x_103b11 kext package. Ethernet now runs OK but it is not as fast as the built in one (max throughput approx. 200kBs).

So at this point in the installation: USB works at HiSpeed, ethernet works, screen 1024x600 quartz, sound works, keyboard works, touchpad and some gestures work (like double click), battery monitor works.

What doesn't work - mic, video camera, ethernet port, (not sure about the card reader).

I am confident that the mic, and video camera can be solved with the voodoo kexts but haven't had time to try them yet (voodooHDA). I would love the ethernet to work but I think we may never get a driver for it (unless Reader02 is reading this thread).

The alternative distro for the D250 is iAtkos v7. This one works *really* well. The problem I had was USB speed...just couldn't get it above FullSpeed 1.1. But video worked and I think the mic, full touchpad gestures (voodoo), sound (with voodooHDA), kernel 9.7 and it was 10.5.7.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi fellow D250 owners.

(snip)

The alternative distro for the D250 is iAtkos v7. This one works *really* well. The problem I had was USB speed...just couldn't get it above FullSpeed 1.1. But video worked and I think the mic, full touchpad gestures (voodoo), sound (with voodooHDA), kernel 9.7 and it was 10.5.7.

Hope this helps someone.

But how did you get iAtkos v7 to work? I always get a kernel panic. This was the original topic of discussion, but it derailed to iDeneb.

ok, here goes.

i installed it like the guide told me to, and everything went just fine. everything seems to work except for the microphone, camera and ethernet.

then today i upgraded from xp to windows 7 on the other partition, and went from 1 to 2GB ram.

after i installed windows 7 darwin failed to boot, so i reinstalled OSX, and now everything is stuttering.. it's like it locks up every 10'th second or so for a couple of seconds. the ram is just as fast as the old one, and windows 7 is running flawlessly.. any suggestions?

edit: i'm not quite sure why i keep on posting questions here when i usually find the answer within minutes.

i forgot that i tried installing that other atheros kext for some reason, and that was what made osx sluggish, well.. problem solved.

I used iDeneb 10.5.6 on an aspire one d250. i selected the options during install as described above posts. Works just OK for me get random kernel panics on boot ups every so often requiring a restart. No wired ethernet, No wireless on either onboard OR the dell 1390 card I installed which was a suprise to me because every d150 owner swore that 1390 would work out of the box. So if any other d250 owners have solved any of the mentioned or if any have been successful on a retail install I'd like to hear your instructions. thanks.

ok, here goes.

i installed it like the guide told me to, and everything went just fine. everything seems to work except for the microphone, camera and ethernet.

then today i upgraded from xp to windows 7 on the other partition, and went from 1 to 2GB ram.

after i installed windows 7 darwin failed to boot, so i reinstalled OSX, and now everything is stuttering.. it's like it locks up every 10'th second or so for a couple of seconds. the ram is just as fast as the old one, and windows 7 is running flawlessly.. any suggestions?

edit: i'm not quite sure why i keep on posting questions here when i usually find the answer within minutes.

i forgot that i tried installing that other atheros kext for some reason, and that was what made osx sluggish, well.. problem solved.

Hey keplerrr, Did you manage to get all the drivers for Windows 7? ie multi-gesture touchpad, bluetooth, sd card reader?

HEy guys I was just wondering if any one found a fix for the webcam and internal mic.... If you do please post it... Thanks

vjrngn123

My web cam is working , I just followed your guide my machine is an acer aspire one d250-1026, I went system profile and show my web cam details,