InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Sign in to follow this  
Macboe

Web hosting - cheap and simple

I'd like to find a web host that is cheap and simple. If I go with something like GoDaddy, I get a lot of storage space, bandwidth, and mysql/php support, but I don't need all of this. I probably only need up to 1 GB of storage and 100-200 MB of bandwidth/month. Just file hosting, no services. I don't even care if it's 100% reliable.

I know a domain might cost around $10/year, but then I would like to be able to find a simple host for maybe $1/month or less. Has anyone used a place offering this?

Or is there even anywhere for free? I would like to be able to upload things quickly.

Advertisement

For smaller websites, godaddy is just fine. What type of site are you making? There's many high quality free options out there - such as google sites or wordpress.com, depending on what type of content you have. Whatever you do, make sure you go with a host that either comes with a recommendation from someone you trust, or is a well known name in the industry (MT, godaddy, yahoo, etc.) - there's lots and lots of low-quality or downright fraudulent hosts out there.

i use ofshore host as they have less content regulation but if they say they are check them out as they sometimes lie whats your site for anyway