Installing OSX on an Advent 6301

Gray Malkin

1 post in this topic

Hello all,

Being a total Hacintosh n00b (not even sure if hackintosh needs a "K") I was wondering if this weekend I should buy OSX retail. I am not too willing to throw my machine into the luck of the gods by installing a pirated and potentially edited version of OSX, and I also can not bare waiting 60 days of downloading a 10 GB dmg file at 2kb/s. I have an Advent 6301 laptop with 2GB DDR2 RAM, it has an Intel T2370 Processor @ 1.73GHz that supports SSE, SSE2, SSE3 SSSE3 and EM64T. It fully supports 64bit computing. Also I have an Intel 965 series GPU that has 386 MB of shared RAM. The screen is an active matrix TFT @ 1440x900 resolution so it will fit all the programs as far as I can tell from the school's Mac Minis that have the same resolution screens. Audio is a must and at least basic internet would be good, although I don't mind doing an upgrade of the WiFi card later on. The WiFi is a Realtek RT73 Wireless Card. Also I am very apt at running terminal commands and scripts as on Windows I do loads of programming and hack the OS often. The HDD is a SATA 120 GB disk, but a lot of the space is dedicated to Windows 7, I have 10GB of unallocated space for the install at the moment. But it is the first partition so extending it may be awkward. The windows partition has 7.2 GB free, but I think I can free up some more.

If you need any more information I'd be happy to help, I have CPU-Z installed, and [here] is a link to some more specs about the laptop.

Thanks in advanced,

Gray Malkin