mouse pad driver in win 7 not fully functional

mtate5000

1 post in this topic

I have compaq cq50 lappy (origionally installed w/vista :whistle: ), needless to say that didn't last too long! I mainly run ubuntu jaunty 99% of the time, but because there is no driver support for my printer (which I need!!! for my daily crosswords), I keep a copy of win 7 -pre release that I found on one of those sites :P a few months back. Well, the trackball on my mouse pad does not scroll, and it's telling me that the driver is up to date. Any suggestions on how I might remedy this extremely annoying problem. I know the arrow keys scroll the page and thats just as easy, but the overwhemingly powerful force of habit hinders any thought to do so. For the past couple of weeks now I've been tyring to get iatkos 7 up and running, so I don't have to mess w/win at at all. I can successfully tripple boot (trackball works flawlessly w/ osx), but ironically enough I have an ar5007 wlan card, so some of know how much fun i've been having. Well if anybody has any thoughts or suggestions on my mouse problem, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanx and mahalo. See yaa.