Osx on ASUS EeePc 1101HA ?

Greatkekko

64 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

my brother is changing city for studing, than he will leave without his Macmini, just becouse he will need a laptop.

I want to buy him an Asus 1101HA which i like, but he told me he really want to continue using osx. Than i thought about Osx86 project.

Can somebody tell me which osx distro i have to use for successfull installing of osx inside Eeepc 1101?

Thank you guys,

me and my brother will forever thank you for your help!

Without a bit more insight as to exactly (I can't stress that enough) what kind of hardware is sitting inside the 1101HA, I doubt anyone will be able to give you a clear answer. Along general lines, your two major issues are going to be wired and wireless internet.

The entire eeePC line shares more or less the same internal components, but the little details tend to vary. Case in point, the 1000H has a supported (not OOB, but still, you can get it working) wireless card, while the 1008HA most definitely does not. You'd have to manage to get snow leopard working on it for it to work, which is a slew of problems all in and of itself.

Granted, you could always install, preferably with something like iDeneb, which contains eeepc oriented packages (to get most of your eeepc hardwware working). You'd almost definitely get a functioning, if landlocked, system going. However, on the other hand, the point of one of those nifty little netbooks is mobility. Not so great a thing if you're landlocked. And usb ethernet and wifi options don't sit well with me.

Long story short, without more data (about that things innards) I doubt anyone's going to be able to give you a straight answer.

Hi.

I'll try to help Greatkekko because I would like to do the same. ;) Here is the specs :

Intel Atom Silverthorne Z520

Intel US15W controller

Intel Poulsbo GMA 500

1 Go DDR2

Hard drive SATA 160 GB

DVD USB only

I tried many distrib, but it always freeze after few minutes on the grey screen with the apple. Here is what I get when I try with iDeneb 1.5 (10.5.7) in verbose mode (Sorry in advance for the bad quality) :

IMAG0040.jpg

It blocks after unable to mount /dev/disk0s2 (status code 0x00000047) (I wait for about 1 hour and nothing new)

EDIT : I tried to delete the partitions of my disk and I don't have the 2 last lines anymore. So the last line before freeze is CoreRAIDServer [43]:15619 not responding.

Any clue ?

Thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I would suggest this topic about another GMA500 pc. (VAIO P) I don't try this method yet. If somebody try it, maybe he can report it here. I will try after my holidays (so in 2 weeks)

EDIT : About your USB problem, I don't have my 1101HA here, have you a USB parameter in the bios ? If yes, there is something to deactivate. Maybe to pass in USB 1.x or something. See in this topic

Depends on what you think is noisy ;).

It's pretty silent when your browsing and that kind of stuff.

If you play a game (a simple fullscreen game) it will make some noise, but very acceptable.

We indeed need a osx86 expert to look at this, I don't know what to do as it's my first time that i'm trying to get macosx installed :P.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everybody!! :blink:

i'm a happy new owner of an asus eee1101ah,this is a great netpc,unfortunately it seems not pretty compatible with osx,but reading this topic i notice that hp mini and vaio p has pratically the same hardware including the wide screen 11.6 and the atheros wi fi card,that are the biggest problem for what i can understand reading the various post about 1101ha,i can't find a specific guide for this model,i'm a noob with osx, i hope that someone in this well-done forum helps me to solve this problem.

thank u indeed

hell73

• 4 weeks later...