Installing additional Garageband loops

Wowfunhappy

4 posts in this topic

I recently got OSx86 up and running on my Dell Inspiron 530. Everything works except for the internet, which is perfectly fine since the only reason I wanted to install OSx86 is to run Garageband.

However, Garageband does not, by default, come with all it's sound loops preinstalled. You have to update through the internet to obtain them.

And I can't update through the internet, because the internet doesn't work from OSx86. In order to get files onto my Mac partition, I have to download something in Windows, save it to a USB drive, boot into OSX, and then copy the file from my flash drive.

Surely there must be a way to install all of Garageband's sound loops without internet access? Thanks.

I should mention I'm using Garageband08, because I'm running version 10.4.2 of OSx and there's no easy way to update to 10.4.6, which Garageband09 requires.

Why can't you access the internet on your OSX install?

Ethernet should work OOTB, but failing that if your wireless card doesn't work, then just buy a cheap (£12) USB wireless dongle.

Shouldn't be hard.

I don't have a wireless card, just built in Ethernet.

I have a wireless dongle somewhere... but if I take the time to dig out of my junk box, will it work on OSx86?

I know it doesn't work on Linux without using Ndiswrapper...

I don't have a wireless card, just built in Ethernet.

I have a wireless dongle somewhere... but if I take the time to dig out of my junk box, will it work on OSx86?

I know it doesn't work on Linux without using Ndiswrapper...

OK, well the ethernet should work OOTB. Did you select the correct driver at install?

The wireless dongle will almost certainly work if it's USB.