Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Allan

      Forum Rules   04/13/2018

      Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
sixth

Should I Purchase a MBP or Wait for a new Revision?

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey guys....I feel its time for me to purchase a Mac book pro, been using my thinkpad as a test bed for os x and love it but i want the real thing. I am alittle worried about all the hardware issues, heat, noise, possible issues with the power adapter etc....what do you guys recommend? Should I wait for a new hardware revision? If so how long should I wait?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get a Macbook. The only difference between it and the MBP is that the screen is 2" smaller and there's integrated graphics. It's alot cheaper and does the same things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you plan on using it for professional purposes, I'd wait... but then again, no matter when you get the best, something always comes out soon after. Seriously, I'd wait till all issues are resolved.

 

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS

 

I'm sure those MB will hold their own, if you're sure you're not going to need external display and feel like saving a good penny (get at LEAST a G of RAM)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you plan on using it for professional purposes, I'd wait... but then again, no matter when you get the best, something always comes out soon after. Seriously, I'd wait for rev b.

 

rev B has come and gone. I think we're on rev D now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys thanks for the response...i will prolly be placing my order in a week or so, hopefully apple fixes the heat issues, and the other problems. but like everyone said, they make changes so fast, does anyone have any idea when an updated macbook pro will be coming out? i am guessing end of the summer?

 

hey jgrimes...where did you get that termperature monitoring program that shows all that information like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's actually a widget, hell, they're all widgets... on the desktop though :guitar:

 

I think I found them at the Apple.com... I honestly don't remember. If you PM me with an email address, I'll be happy to send it/them to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can wait until August or September, I would. That's when the Merom chip will comeout and I'm sure Apple will jump on it pretty quckly.

 

Plus it will give Apple time to work out all the kinks that have plauged the MBP - I just don't think they had the production experience with an Intel notebook going into all this, thus the problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×